Weight loss slowed down a lot

Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
When did your weight loss start to slow down?

I have 24 lbs left to goal (14 to normal BMI). I 'only' lost 3 lbs this month, walking 3+ miles every day (usually close to 5 total), lifting 2/3 times a week, eating 400-500 below TDEE (confirmed by my fitbit). I was losing 5-6 lbs a month prior to that.

I know it's not just about the scale and I look better every month, but it's still a little bit of a bummer.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    When did your weight loss start to slow down?

I have 24 lbs left to goal (14 to normal BMI). I 'only' lost 3 lbs this month, walking 3+ miles every day (usually close to 5 total), lifting 2/3 times a week, eating 400-500 below TDEE (confirmed by my fitbit). I was losing 5-6 lbs a month prior to that.

I know it's not just about the scale and I look better every month, but it's still a little bit of a bummer.

Have you recalculated your intake since losing? Also, it seems once a person gets closer to "goal weight" it comes off at a slower pace.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Mine slowed down when I got to onederland. I don't get discouraged though because I have gotten more interested in fat percentage and inches lost instead which is still changing fairly quickly.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    When I got to within 20 lbs to go. The first 70 came off so quickly. It makes me wonder if I'll ever reach goal.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    In the last month I slowed to 1 pound a week loss. So when I had about 15 pounds left to lose.

I have 9 more pounds and I am losing 1 pound about every 10 days.
  • BigSexi1
    BigSexi1 Posts: 3
    Try carb cycling! It's what weightlifters do to shed those few extra pounds and lean up!
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    You're not alone! I'm within healthy bmi range but still want to lose another 10-15. I'm losing at a rate of about 2 lbs a month now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Yeah I've recalculated and everything. My diary is open too. I do weight lifting (bodypump) 2-3 times a week, and walk one hour every day (average 330 calories each, I think, although I haven't used my HMR in a long time). I eat 1500-1700 calories, with periods closer to 1500 and others closer to 1700. I'm 35, 5'5", 164 lbs now.

I guess I just have to suck it up and realize it's going to take longer!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Yep, I started losing at 1lb per wk. I had a minor stall a lb ago - about 3 wks of absolutely no change. Since I'm getting close, I decided to increase my Cals a little and just ride it out. I've gotten going again, but I'm losing ~ 0.5 lb/wk now.