What is your all time favorite movie and why??

Options

Replies

• gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Snatch, I can watch it a million times!

I just love the way it was filmed.

^^^ This! I love everything about this movie!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Gone with the wind.... Because I love Mr. Darcy, I'm a total romantic

Mr. Darcy.... Gone with the wind??

Lol oops I'm tired

I do love Gone with the wind also though!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Old school...because its too funny
    Seven
    Mulan
    American pie haha Stifffffffff
  • cyapounds
    cyapounds Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    almost famous ! watched many many times
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    For me, it's down to 2, both Mel Brooks classics: Blazzing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. Leaning towards Blazing Saddles for one reason: it is the one movie that you simply could not remake. The screams of outrage of the excessively sensitive PC crowd would prevent it. That and where could you ever get a Gene Wilder, Harvey Korman, Madeline Kahn and Alex Karras?

Pardon me, while I whip this out.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Hard to pick just one. One of my favorites is Tombstone! Awesome movie!!
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    Snatch.... I love this film, always makes me feel better on a bad day, a good laugh
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    KING OF KONG! Best feel-good film of all time and HILARIOUS
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Dirty Dancing! GREAT MOVIE :-)
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The Crow, because....it can't rain all the time.
    I also love most zombie movies!
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    bladerunner_6_tearsintherain.jpg
    Blade Runner - the scene says it all !!!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    For me, it's down to 2, both Mel Brooks classics: Blazzing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. Leaning towards Blazing Saddles for one reason: it is the one movie that you simply could not remake. The screams of outrage of the excessively sensitive PC crowd would prevent it. That and where could you ever get a Gene Wilder, Harvey Korman, Madeline Kahn and Alex Karras?

Pardon me, while I whip this out.

I think you have me there... I watch Young Frankenstein *EVERY* time I find it on cable. Which is a lot around Halloween.

Also. Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Bladerunner.

CETK was one of the first movies I ever saw in the drive-in (Star Wars was right behind it), and I still love that movie so much to this day. And I am NOT a Spielberg fan.

And Bladerunner, because... well, Bladerunner. We were at the club the other night and one of my favorite songs, Like Tears in Rain by Covenant was played. I pulled my best friend aside and said: 'You do realize that we are only 6 years out, right?"

ETA: Wow - the post that came in while I was composing this one, that scene is the quote where Like Tears in Rain comes from! :D
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    To hard, but I will put up Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I have a long list and they are all unique from each other...its like asking what your favorite song is.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Juno. It's sweet but funny. Makes me cry at the end every damn time though. And, it has some great quotes.. Its one I could watch over and over.

tumblr_m3dy9rQRy21qljat6o1_500.jpg
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Any movie that can permanently capture the name Piggly Wiggly has my respect (it was one of the trucks in the lineup leaving the anthrax area. Loved that.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    What Dreams May Come

Snatch

Firefly series followed by Serenity the movie. Meaning, as a marathon.
  • charlene1873
    charlene1873 Posts: 263
    Options
    The Usual Suspects - classic and needs no explanation
  • lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ALIENS! It's the perfect movie. The story is solid, the acting is great, the action is plentiful and intense. I used to watch this movie on a daily basis when I was a kid.

Now that i'm older, I realize it totally has a positive message. It is THE ultimate girl power movie. The whole movie leads up to the final battle between Ripley and the Queen Xenomorph. Two independent, strong mothers, willing to fight and die in order for their children to live.
  • fressita214
    fressita214 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Juno. It's sweet but funny. Makes me cry at the end every damn time though. And, it has some great quotes.. Its one I could watch over and over.

tumblr_m3dy9rQRy21qljat6o1_500.jpg

Very cute Movie.. Love Fertile Myrtle..LOL:bigsmile:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    ALIENS! It's the perfect movie. The story is solid, the acting is great, the action is plentiful and intense. I used to watch this movie on a daily basis when I was a kid.

Now that i'm older, I realize it totally has a positive message. It is THE ultimate girl power movie. The whole movie leads up to the final battle between Ripley and the Queen Xenomorph. Two independent, strong mothers, willing to fight and die in order for their children to live.

I always liked the first movie more, but both are fantastic movies! And on the girl power thing, not only that, but she was a strong woman who wasn't sexualized. That made her my role model growing up. She could save the day without a push-up bra or a love interest.