Lbs or Kg?

Options
13»

Replies

• tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Squat really low and let your roids dangle, place heels firmly on roids and stand up quickly....

Pics or it didn't happen
  • thebowhunter
    thebowhunter Posts: 173
    Options
    I competed in April in women's bodybuilding....does that mean I'm on roids? I don't want to be on roids! How do I get off them?

Squat really low and let your roids dangle, place heels firmly on roids and stand up quickly....

Yes, this. It worked for my sis.

P.S. She used Kg weights for a year and then switched to Lbs weights and the difference was epic. Kg weights are some sort of comunist plot.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    1 lbs is 0.5kg :)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Definitely pounds, if you lift weights in kg, you get way too bulky, but if you lift weights in pounds you get toned. Also, as mentioned, you have to eat lean meats to get toned, and not fatty meats, and buy protein powder that targets the abdominal muscles :flowerforyou:
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some magic testosterone in your body somehow or your on roids you won't get bulging muscles, These bodybuilder ladies you see are on roids.

I competed in April in women's bodybuilding....does that mean I'm on roids? I don't want to be on roids! How do I get off them?

Which show?
    Which category did you enter?
    Do they do tests there for performance enhancing drugs?

You look more like fitness/physique person tbh. Oh and just to make things clear I was on about these women

http://designyoutrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Body221.jpg

The usual female outburst when you tell them to lift weights is I don't want to get MASSIVE.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go with Lebron over Kevin Garnett at this point.

LMAO FTW!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    KG.

Lbs was from before gravity was invented, so they have no effect.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go with Lebron over Kevin Garnett at this point.
    This. I don't know why it matters. Gravity still is the same whether its in lbs or kgs.

Protein shakes won't make you bulky. Unless you're taking testosterone, you won't get bulky.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    1 lbs is 0.5kg :)

No, it's not.

http://bit.ly/16M032E
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If usmcmp is bulky then I'm the hulk. Sorry. You are very feminine. Although I would gladly let you have some of my testosterone.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some magic testosterone in your body somehow or your on roids you won't get bulging muscles, These bodybuilder ladies you see are on roids.

Which show?

You look more like fitness/physique person tbh. Oh and just to make things clear I was on about these women

The usual female outburst when you tell them to lift weights is I don't want to get MASSIVE.
    Says the dude who doesn't even have a profile pic.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

Which show?

you seem kinda angry or doubtful that she competed. sup wit dat?

usmcmp is WAY closer to dana lynn bailey than jillian michaels.

i dont see a lot of fitness chicks doing weighted dips.

heart-beating.gif
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    BRO!? DO YOU EVEN BRO!?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Which show?

Says the dude who doesn't even have a profile pic.

I was thinking the same thing

33844426.jpg
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Very entertaining.
    about 7kg if you bench press me.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    So that more people can learn from the wisdom contained within this thread....

BUMP!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP, I was measuring myself in lbs, and weighed about 175. I switched to kgs, and went down to 79 kgs super fast! I'm never going back to lbs, it is unhealthy.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP, I was measuring myself in lbs, and weighed about 175. I switched to kgs, and went down to 79 kgs super fast! I'm never going back to lbs, it is unhealthy.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I had no idea lbs were that bad for me!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm learning so much from this thread, I hope the admins make it a sticky.

I'm gonna start weighing myself in kg and lift in lbs, I bet it'll really speed up my progress!
  • lfrei123
    lfrei123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think you should do a test. One arm, lift with lbs. One arm lift with kgs. See which one gets the better look. You could maybe write a paper about it! When you squat, wear heals to tone your calves, but don't use weights because that will bulk you up. Unless you can find a pink barbell. You can't bulk up too big when the barbell is pink - the pink makes it weigh less. Its the chemical reaction from the pink mixed with metal with the barbell. It lightens it up. NASA uses that technique when designing things for the space shuttle. I wrote a paper on it if you can find it.