tips for 30 day shred?

Options
I'm starting the 30 day shred this week for the second time. the first time I did it was almost a year ago, and without any progress at all.

I would love some tips from someone who has succeeded before in 30DS what to do/not do, how to eat and stuff like that to get max results!

Replies

• ELVISDEAN
    ELVISDEAN Posts: 77
    Options
    WHAT? THE PROGRAM DOESNT TELL YA?? DUMP IT
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert and I'm just 1/3 of the way into it, but I was able to lose 5.5" overall and 3.2 pounds in the first 10 days (9 actually) but counting my calories and doing this workout once a day, every day. The only thing I added was some extra stretching and yoga like once, because I was really sore.
  • hayngrl06
    hayngrl06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Where do we find information on this 30 day shred? It sounds interesting.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred right now. I'm seeing results but I think it's because I'm not JUST doing the shred. I'm also leaning down my diet, jogging regularly and walking almost every day. I've cut sodium out quite a bit, added a lot of fish and white meats with veggies and fruits. Believe it or not the meals aren't bland at all! I browse recipes on www.eatingwell.com. They aren't super calorie friendly but that is fixable with a few alternate ingredients.

Good luck. I guess my advice boils down to don't rely on just the 30 day shred program to get healthy.
  • ChelseaM8726
    ChelseaM8726 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey there! I'm on day 21 of JM 30 day shred, level 3. I completed level 2 last night and will start level 3 this evening. I have noticed toning more than anything, I haven't really noticed any inches or pounds lost. But then again, I'm ONLY doing the 30 day shred.
  • snufs
    snufs Posts: 78
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone, and congratulations to your success! So glad to hear you are getting results, it makes me eager to work harder!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Where do we find information on this 30 day shred? It sounds interesting.

You can find the videos on You Tube Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shed ... Levels 1, 2, or 3
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS and then Ripped in 30 and doing another round of those workouts.
    All I did was those 25 min of 30 DS and ate withing my calorie goal. I kept it somewhat clean, i.e. low on junk food, sweets... although i did have the occasional chocolate bar or drink here and there.

I didn't lose a lot of weight but i dropped 2 pant sizes, and toned a lot. I didn't include any other workout. But i heard if u do some more cardio 2x/week you will tone even more.
    I started with 3lbs weights for the first 2-3 days and increased it to 5 lbs. The 3 were very easy on most exercises, and the 5 were challenging enough.
    now that i am on my second round, i am using 10 lbs!

Good luck!!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 day shred this week for the second time. the first time I did it was almost a year ago, and without any progress at all.

I would love some tips from someone who has succeeded before in 30DS what to do/not do, how to eat and stuff like that to get max results!

Be diligent, work hard, and be patient with yourself and your body (easy to say not always easy to follow). Measure all your food be it with measuring spoons, cups, and/or a food scale. Log/count everything you eat and make sure you are eating enough food to fuel your body.

I started on July 1 (there is a 30DS Challenge here on MFP that started then; they seem to pop up all the time here...when the next one does, join the group and check in with them daily).

I also have seen results. Not feeling the weight loss, but toning and strength have improved. I am disappointed that the weight isn't falling off ... (heed own advise above).

I also go to the gym and work in a group setting with a personal trainer 3 or 4 days a week. This 20 minutes workout is the kick off to my day; then work; after work I go to the gym. 2 days a week I walk or go on a hike; and rest on Sundays.

You can do this!