girls wearing sports bras at the gym.... is this a myth?

i always see girls wearing sports bras on instagram pics and youtube videos
never seen it in real life whether at the gym, track, park
is this is a myth?

67206d1282532328-wearing-only-sports-bra-paradise-walk-womens-gym.jpg

Replies

• fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    I see it in some of my gym classes.
  • i've never seen it. it seems like more of an outdoor choice. gym's have aircon and there's sun outside... figures
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    I agree, have only seen it outside. I imagine in my area, a girl wouldn't be well received in that get up.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Once, she was in tiny clothes and needed two sports bras.
  • MagistraSaunders
    MagistraSaunders Posts: 20 Member
    The serious gym goers at one of my gyms definitely did. It was certainly motivational seeing what you could look like with some hard work!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    In hot yoga classes I've attended, several women wore sports bras or sports bra-like tops. But some of the gyms I've been to have rules about exposing your stomach, so that's one reason lots of women don't. (Not to mention the trillions of other reasons). But sometimes I wish it wouldn't seem so unusual if I did wear mine to the gym. I have one top in particular that is basically a sports bra, but with a bit more coverage (sort of like a shrunken tank top), and I love running in it, but I only wear it shirtless when I'm visiting my hometown; no one can see me when I'm running out in the country. Haha.
  • I've never seen it at mine either.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    I wear like a tank unless it super super hot then I will go in just a sports bra
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    i always see girls wearing sports bras on instagram pics and youtube videos
    never seen it in real life whether at the gym, track, park
    is this is a myth?

67206d1282532328-wearing-only-sports-bra-paradise-walk-womens-gym.jpg

i've never seen this but i have seen girls wear those fashion gym shoes with heels ... really stupid !!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Uncovered sports bras are not allowed at the gym I go to. Only guys get to sport bare midriffs.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I've done it a few times. Usually I just do it when running outside.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    *shrug* I cover my bra with a t-shirt. Just sayin'...
  • I see it daily no matter what season it is (I live in CA).

I pass by a lake on my way to work and this morning I counted close to 10. Not sure about at the gym though, but I assume there too.
  • ChaseMeier
    ChaseMeier Posts: 52
    I see it at my gym. Not often, but it does happen. Mostly in the classes.
  • smartin0181
    smartin0181 Posts: 44 Member
    I see girls at my gym wearing only sports bras. They are usually the super fit people that live there, or the really young skinny teenagers.
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    I have... usually when I am sweating like crazy and didn't snag a towel for class... the tank comes off and becomes my sweat towel, lol. But I've never gone to the gym planning to just wear a sports bra... sometimes I do work out like that at home.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    I see it all the time at my gym.. it is much better then the old woman with no bra!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    I see it all the time at my gym.. it is much better then the old woman with no bra!

Agreed!

I have worn it that way running once or twice but I run at 4 am...if you are up at that time of day....I do not need to apologize, you should just know there are crazy people out!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    No myth. I see it at the gym I attend, more so in the classes.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    I don't go to a gym, but I have seen a few girls out on the trail running in just a sports bra, so I would have to say it's not a myth. Maybe you go to the wrong gym.