What's your exercise routine?

Options

Replies

• jktin08
    jktin08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump for later

I do two to five miles with a video by Leslie Sansone daily M-F (35 to 75 min long... avg 45 min) and add an hour of weights and calisthenics 2-3 days a week. Saturdays I do various activities with my husband (walking, hiking,etc.) for at least an hour and Sunday is my off day from everything :)

I have only lost 17 lbs so far in 180 days, but I have lost a lot more inches. I have lost an average of one inch a month off my waist and dropped two sizes. I lose an average of 1/4 of an inch every month on hips and thighs.

wow, you've had amazing results !! maybe i should push myself to work out more than 4 days ... actually i have the time but i just feel so sore and achey !! but i guess no guts no glory :)

TY! I actually think my progress is slow compared to most others, but I have an "uphill battle" as my doctor lovingly puts it because of a couple of medical conditions I have. I eat a low carb/low sodium diet and drink 9+ cups of water daily too but do not deprive myself either. About being sore, I know what you mean! I am sore all the time (part from working out / mostly from Lupus). I do what I do because it works for me.

Everyone is different so do what works for you! Keep doing what you are doing if you like it., just continue to be consistent. Challenge, set and work up to fitness goals at your own pace. Never push yourself so hard you hurt yourself. It only puts you behind further because you will most likely have to nurse a hurt body. Keep up the good work :)
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I play 60 min of tennis 4 times/week, 7.5km brisk walk 5 times/week, hill training 3 times/week, heavy lifting every other day, and curling for 2 hours once a week. I will always take one full day off of rest.

you're a busy lady !! is 1 day of rest sufficient enough for you or do you workout despite the pain/soreness ?!?
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, Sunday to Fri. I do the p90x workout, modified, meaning I don't follow their plan. and also do about 20-30 min on the elliptical.

I say it works so far LOL, lost a lil over 60 lbs in 6 months.

Dieting was a huge thing, cut down calorie intake to 1600 a day, high protein, low carbs.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i do Mon - sat usually sunday off
    M- walk with bubs 45-60 min
    T- 30 day shred
    W- HIIT with bubs in the stroller usually 1min on 1min of running then walking, will do this for about 45min
    Th- 30 day shred
    Fr- Walk with bubs 45- 60min
    Sat- 30 day shred or HIIT or walk depends what i feel like.
    Sun- day off

Im away from my gym room lol so i have to what i can do" back at home i have my weights/ tredmill, kettlebells, steps, various dvds, im gunna join a gym when we finish travelling oh i can not wait!!! i
  • tlmclennan
    tlmclennan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    One day is enough for me. I'm one of those sickos who enjoys the soreness feeling. I love games like tennis and curling because it's fun and doesn't really feel like a workout to me even though it is. I've just started lifting in the last two weeks and am hoping to see some good results from that.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, Sunday to Fri. I do the p90x workout, modified, meaning I don't follow their plan. and also do about 20-30 min on the elliptical.

I say it works so far LOL, lost a lil over 60 lbs in 6 months.

Dieting was a huge thing, cut down calorie intake to 1600 a day, high protein, low carbs.

congrats on you're loss !! you're my hero :) see, i used to work out 6 days as well but i couldn't keep it up. thank you for the advice !!
    i'm also thinking of doing a fitness program (Insanity) and i think that's 6 days a week. not sure if i'll be able to keep up :ohwell:
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    i do Mon - sat usually sunday off
    M- walk with bubs 45-60 min
    T- 30 day shred
    W- HIIT with bubs in the stroller usually 1min on 1min of running then walking, will do this for about 45min
    Th- 30 day shred
    Fr- Walk with bubs 45- 60min
    Sat- 30 day shred or HIIT or walk depends what i feel like.
    Sun- day off

Im away from my gym room lol so i have to what i can do" back at home i have my weights/ tredmill, kettlebells, steps, various dvds, im gunna join a gym when we finish travelling oh i can not wait!!! i

you're baby is so cute !! i'm seeing a lot of people doing 6 day workouts. i feel like a wimp LOL !! maybe i should try and see if i can work myself back to exercising 6 days ...

btw, you're a trooper with the 30DS !!
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    One day is enough for me. I'm one of those sickos who enjoys the soreness feeling. I love games like tennis and curling because it's fun and doesn't really feel like a workout to me even though it is. I've just started lifting in the last two weeks and am hoping to see some good results from that.

do you have a trainer who helps you with your lifting? what's your strategy? i would really like to add this to my routine.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I do ashtanga yoga 6 days a week (S-F, Saturdays are traditionally off) so that's about 75 minutes of practice a day on avergae (I don't always do full practice) and in addition I run 3-4 days per week. Right now I run 2 days in a row and then rest so eg. run T+W and again F+S. Runs vary in lenghth form about 7 to 12 K.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Monday- Boxfit
    Tuesday- 30DS (atm), once i've done the 30ds this will be a rest day
    Wednesday- Kickboxing
    Thursday- Running bootcamp
    Friday- 30DS or Run
    Saturday- Spin, 30DS or run
    Sunday- 30DS (atm), once i've done the 30ds this will be a rest day or running or general gym if I have missed something during the week

I also try to get weight lifting in every day I can (and remember), usually about 3-4 days a week
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I do ashtanga yoga 6 days a week (S-F, Saturdays are traditionally off) so that's about 75 minutes of practice a day on avergae (I don't always do full practice) and in addition I run 3-4 days per week. Right now I run 2 days in a row and then rest so eg. run T+W and again F+S. Runs vary in lenghth form about 7 to 12 K.

hello there !! what is the difference with ashtanga yoga and regular yoga ??
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Monday- Boxfit
    Tuesday- 30DS (atm), once i've done the 30ds this will be a rest day
    Wednesday- Kickboxing
    Thursday- Running bootcamp
    Friday- 30DS or Run
    Saturday- Spin, 30DS or run
    Sunday- 30DS (atm), once i've done the 30ds this will be a rest day or running or general gym if I have missed something during the week

I also try to get weight lifting in every day I can (and remember), usually about 3-4 days a week

wow, so no rest day for you right now ?? how do you do it ??
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    hello there !! what is the difference with ashtanga yoga and regular yoga ??

Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is quite fast paced and energetic. If you've ever been to a vinyasa flow, power yoga or heated yoga class it will have been related to the ashtanga family. So depending on what yoga you normally do ashtanga yoga could be regular yoga.

I practice mysore style, which means that I self practice a preset sequence and the teacher supervises the group on an individual level. You can google ashtanga primary series to see the foundations of the practice :)
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Monday - Kickbocking Class and Zumba
    Tuesday - Zumba and Zumba Toning
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Bootcamp
    Friday - Zumba, Treadmill, Elliptical, Bike, and the core and leg machines at my gym for 50 sets each.
    Saturday - Treadmill, Elliptical, Bike.
    Sunday - Rest

On my rest days, I do my 5 lbs hand weights at home. 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sun - Jujitsu in the A.M.
    Mon - Lift/swim at lunch, Muay Thai after work
    Tues - Lift/swim at lunch
    Wed - Swim at lunch
    Thur - Lift/swim at lunch, Muay Thai after work
    Fri - Swim at lunch, Jujitsu after work
    Sat - Rest

This is my current plan. It changes every few months though. Occasionally there is some random outdoorsy thing that I might do, ie: rafting, kayaking, hiking, etc.
  • jewelly155
    jewelly155 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit, so I walk over 10,000 steps a day. I try to hit 15k. I have a few walking routes around my neighbourhood. In the morning I walk 2.4 miles and I cycle 5.4 miles most days. I walk at night on a shorter route. Tuesdays and Thursdays I do an hour of Pilates at the gym, plus either treadmill or weight machines. Plus I like to do my own Pilates routine at home a few days a week of 20 minutes.
    I just started swimming again yesterday, I only did 40 laps, but I hope to build up to what I was doing a couple of years ago, which was a mile.
    I have lost 17 pounds since April and it is really hard going now I am older. My advice is to anyone out there: Try to lose weight before you hit menopause, because it will be a whole lot harder once you do. I lost 40 lbs 13 years ago and it pretty much fell off with less exercise than I am doing now.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Mon : Whatever my PT wants me to do, most times it's some weird plyo shyt that kicks my butt
    Tue : 3-5 miles run
    Wed : Lift
    Thu : Yoga, 3-5 miles run
    Fr: Lift
    Sat : 3-5 miles run
    Sun: Lift

Sometimes I'll take Saturday off but my pup won't allow it most of the time, she'll just cry on my running shoes by the door all day and I get annoyed and just go run lol
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options

Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is quite fast paced and energetic. If you've ever been to a vinyasa flow, power yoga or heated yoga class it will have been related to the ashtanga family. So depending on what yoga you normally do ashtanga yoga could be regular yoga.

I practice mysore style, which means that I self practice a preset sequence and the teacher supervises the group on an individual level. You can google ashtanga primary series to see the foundations of the practice :)

very interesting !! i will surely look this up :)
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Monday - Kickbocking Class and Zumba
    Tuesday - Zumba and Zumba Toning
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Bootcamp
    Friday - Zumba, Treadmill, Elliptical, Bike, and the core and leg machines at my gym for 50 sets each.
    Saturday - Treadmill, Elliptical, Bike.
    Sunday - Rest

On my rest days, I do my 5 lbs hand weights at home. 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there.

i love zumba !! i try to go whenever they have classes at my gym !! do you find it helps to break up your week with a rest day ?? i usually combine my rest days Fri-Sun and then i work out M-Th.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Mon : Whatever my PT wants me to do, most times it's some weird plyo shyt that kicks my butt
    Tue : 3-5 miles run
    Wed : Lift
    Thu : Yoga, 3-5 miles run
    Fr: Lift
    Sat : 3-5 miles run
    Sun: Lift

Sometimes I'll take Saturday off but my pup won't allow it most of the time, she'll just cry on my running shoes by the door all day and I get annoyed and just go run lol

you don't have any rest days then ?? you're a beast !!