• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a quack!!!

Sorry you wasted your money!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Well, I suppose they could if there is caffeine in it and caffeine raises your heart rate for a bit, but it would be a LOT cheaper to just consume caffeine in coffee or tea. You'd be better off to go for a walk. :)
    Also, I was flipping through channels on tv and saw Dr. Oz say that he does not endorse any type of supplement that is being advertised with his name, either in emails, online ads or in any type of print, and that he is taking legal action against those companies. JS
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Has Oprah bought the company and announced it? She said she would do that when they find a weight loss aid that works in pill or shot form. I have not heard her make such an announcement. :laugh: So the answer to your question is "No, it doesn't work."

Use the resources here, weighing in, tracking food, tracking exercise, those are what work. I know, I don't like that answer either but I am once again having to lose almost 40 lbs. because it is true. I have done WW, Zone, and tons of aerobics to lose weight before. If you don't continue to keep track, you will not maintain so just learn to do it and make your life happier.

Get some friends on here to encourage you to stick to it. Friend me for a start if you want.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    They work if you eat at a calorie deficit. And the great news is you can even change your body composition with them if you have a cardio routine and lift heavy chit.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You should see if you can get your money back. And I just recommend to do your research prior to purchase because that would suck if you can't get a refund.
  • CoachDougW
    CoachDougW Posts: 12
    Options
    Two answers:

One: Many of them do exactly what they say (boost metabolism for example), but in such a small increment that it will have ZERO bearing on your ability to burn fat, lose weight, or for some of them, get HUGE gains bro!

Two: No - you wasted your money, sorry =(
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    c8de615d468fcc9c02915f25ec6b598e.gif
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    did I just waste my money???

1. you wasted your money
    2. Dr. Oz will promote anything to make a quick buck
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I would not be listening to Dr. Oz. :noway:

I agree with everyone else...money wasted. Eat at a deficit (meaning burn more calories than you consume), and you'll lose weight. There's no magic pill, or super concoction.

And when you see Dr. Oz on TV, turn the channel.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My sister claims she lost a lot of weight because of green coffee bean extract. She did lose a lot. But then she said she usually doesn't eat all day and just has a salad in the evening. And she's now quickly gaining it back. Maybe she ran out of the coffee bean stuff. :wink: