A jerk at my gym

Options
124»

Replies

• peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i think the D-bags are funny. Feeling tired and a little less motivated? Watch a d-bag for 2 minutes and it will just put a smile on your face.

im talking to you hat and sunglass guy.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This thread is a perfect example of why I will NEVER set foot inside a gym. Why do y'all put up with this kind of vitriol, judgement and just plain meanness? I thought endorphins were supposed to make people happier, why is there so much ignorance walking around?? I'll hide in my house with my treadmill forever before subjecting myself to that!
    I go because it's motivating to workout outside my house. Annoying people are everywhere. But the majority of gym goers aren't D bags. And it's fun to make fun of them anyway.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Nothing brightens my day like watching gas mask dude run back and forth between the pull up bar, leg press and treadmill. One day he's going to knock himself out. And I'll be there to finally see what he looks like under that mask and lmao.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This thread is a perfect example of why I will NEVER set foot inside a gym. Why do y'all put up with this kind of vitriol, judgement and just plain meanness? I thought endorphins were supposed to make people happier, why is there so much ignorance walking around?? I'll hide in my house with my treadmill forever before subjecting myself to that!
    I go because it's motivating to workout outside my house. Annoying people are everywhere. But the majority of gym goers aren't D bags. And it's fun to make fun of them anyway.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Just double down on the CK One and pose in front of the Zumba class.....

this add a speedo and no shoes
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

actually this thread gave me a much needed giggle (tnx)

dont be so serious.....
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I cant stand when people sit on a machine and text or 15 min in between sets..or mean mug everyone

What if that is just how they look?

omg youtube *****y resting face.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Are you the jerk gym manager at my no-frills gym who's constantly on my case because you think the size of the bag in which I carry my stuff is too big?

You're a no-frills gym. You don't even stock paper towels, so I bring my own roll to dry off the equipment after I've wiped it down with the disinfectant towels. It would take forever to wait for it to dry. You don't supply cotton towels, so i carry my own small towel to put on the bench. I need my interval timer and I like to carry a printout with my exercises to check my form. I use my cell phone to record my reps and sets. I explained to you that if I had to stash my stuff in a locker I'd spend more time running back and forth from the locker than doing my workout.

I understand you care about someone getting hurt, and I'm a very responsible person, I don't want to cause an accident either, but NO ONE IS WITHIN 3 FEET OF ME. The bag is right next to me on the bench. When I'm not doing the exercise I'm holding it to reach in for something. And how is someone going to trip over my bag if it's in between the back of the Captain's Chair and the wall while I'm using it?

Don't you have better things to do?

So far, your members are very accommodating. Of course I try to go during non-peak hours because I can't deal with crowds.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LMFAO. This thread is keeping me from my workout. Better head to the gym. Good thing I put on my deodorant, have on clean clothes and I'll bring my iPod so I don't have to hear the meatheads grunt
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Slap on a sweat head band, matching wrist bands, grab two 5 pound dumbbells, and do your karate drills in front of the mirror while making "hiya" sounds.

Or come to my gym and watch our bozo first so you know how to do it right . . .

Well, every village has its idiot...

Side note: That visual made me snortgiggle. Thank you, sir.
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the D-bag that walks around naked in the locker room.

NO BARE BUNS ON THE BENCHES!!!

Seriously bro, wrap a towel around yourself. NoBODY wants to see that $h!t.

The story grossed me out. But the alliteration made me smile.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Slap on a sweat head band, matching wrist bands, grab two 5 pound dumbbells, and do your karate drills in front of the mirror while making "hiya" sounds.

Or come to my gym and watch our bozo first so you know how to do it right . . .

Can't forget about the bandana and sunglasses. Its bright in there!
    "Not now chief, Im in the zone" ;)
  • MattWrites
    Options
    Oh, I know you! You're that guy who screams and grunts while doing cable flyes!

Haha there was one of those at the gym yesterday. I thought he was getting frisky with the weights for a moment before I looked over to see what was going on.
  • jc434
    jc434 Posts: 1
    Options
    LMAO! Yes!!!! I see this ALLLL the time!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Or maybe you are the guy who literally steals the bar from in front of me?No joke..I was doing Deadlifts (85lbs) and I just stepped back to shake my arms before my next set. This Dbag comes up in front of me (bumping me further back with his bum) and proceeds to do squats...wtf!

I tapped him on his shoulders and asked him If i was invisible, he looked at me with a puzzled look...i asked him as nicely as I could muster "do you mind? I was using that" he replies "oh...didn't see you...wtv" and then proceeds to drop the bar on the floor and walks away....

what did I just witness?