Recipes using greek yoghurt

Options

Replies

• becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    If you mix it with some very finely chopped mint leaves and lime juice, it makes a yummy side for Indian-style dishes :smile:

this is great served with zuchinni fritters or any type of vege patty
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I like it on baked potatoes or with curry.
    I also like to mix a tbs of raw oatmeal and honey with Greek yogurt.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Also, mix Greek yogurt with garam masala , tumeric and hot sauce for a veggie or chip dip
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    Also here is a great conversion chart for using greek yogurt as a substitute for anything :smile:

http://www.ourbestbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chobani-kitchen.jpg
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You can also use fat free sour cream. its only 15 calories for 2 tbsp.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It can replace mayonnaise or sour cream in any recipe you want.
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you mix it with some very finely chopped mint leaves and lime juice, it makes a yummy side for Indian-style dishes :smile:

this is great served with zuchinni fritters or any type of vege patty

Ooh, that does sound good! I'm on a bit of a zucchini kick at the moment. I also love it with the curried pork rissoles that I make.
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like it for breakfast, over fruit (frozen or fresh), with a little cinnamon, honey, and walnuts. of course occasionally I'll just add protein powder and eat it like chocolate pudding....
    I made the 70 calorie frozen cheesecake cupcakes, very good! (I tried the fridge method, but they don't set up enough, frozen was the hit).
    Made peanut butter and jelly parfaits, which the family liked.
    I'm looking forward to trying the high protein pancakes, just haven't done it yet.
    The recipes I tried were off this site, so you might try searching a little, there have been some good threads on here regarding Greek yogurt uses.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    memememe i got one for you ... it helps eat veggies.... i bought the small dip size container of plain greek yogurt and added a pack of hidden valley fiesta ranch to it and dipped my cucumbers and tomatoes in it... i am addicted now i LOVE it and under hundred calories for a cup cucumber, cup tomatoes and 4 tbs dip... very good...

That sounds delicious lol

I've been throwing plain greek yogurt into my banana bread when I make it :) Makes it nice and moist..mmmm
  • cpharmon
    cpharmon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new to using greek yogurt too & this sounds delish!!! Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • cpharmon
    cpharmon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks so much!:smile:
  • daytondunn
    Options
    My family really liked this chicken recipe using Greek yogurt. I found it at DashingDish.com.

1 pound Boneless skinless chicken breasts or breast tenderloins (about 4 breasts)
    1/2 cup Plain low fat Greek yogurt
    3 tablespoons Grated parmesan cheese
    2 teaspoons Garlic, chopped (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
    1 teaspoon Dried minced onions (or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
    1 teaspoon Dried herb seasoning mix
    Pinch Salt and pepper to taste

I usually pound the chicken to make it more tender....then lay in a pan.
    Mix the yogurt and other ingredients and just coat the chicken.
    Bake it at 375* for about 30-35 minutes and I usually switch to BROIL for a few minutes or until it's browned.

Pretty quick and easy; then pair with a veggie you like. I've steamed cauliflower and chopped it up and my daughter thinks it's rice.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am only on day 3 of my new healthy eating and exercise plan and I keep noticing people mentioning greek yoghurt, which seems to be pretty much a staple of everyone's diet on here

My request is can you all post some recipes using greek yoghurt? I cook everything from scratch and would love some lunch ideas using this

Many thanks:happy:

anything that asks for sour cream I will always substitute with plain greek yogurt.
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Some great things on here that I'll have to try.
  • ferra11
    ferra11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing!!! I love the vegetable dry mix with the plain greek yogurt..great lowfat veggie dip with tons of protein!!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I mix it with spices to make dip. Or spreads for sandwiches and wraps.

I will put 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips and either 1/2 a tsp of mint or vanilla extract into 1/2 a cup of it if I get a sweet craving (regular ice cream makes me feel like crap)
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Apple/Pear Dip

4 oz plain 2% Greek Yogurt
    2 TB PB2 (Powdered peanut butter, do not add water)
    1 tsp brown sugar
    cinnamon and salt to taste
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    I eat about a kilo of Greek yogurt every 8-10 days. I love FAGE. Others like Chobani. Ditto replacing sour cream with Greek yogurt. i mainly eat it with fresh fruit for breakfast and that can take me easily to lunch time.
    Tzatziki- the greek yogurt sauce made with garlic, shredded cucumber and dill
    Chocolate/PEanut butter and banana:
    1 banana
    2 tbs cocoa powder
    2 tb PB2 (don't add water)

Create! Invent and have fun!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I love it with a banana chopped up and stirred in!

My husband pours some over mueseli and chopped fruit (which he picked up in Germany)

I use it also to make mushroom stroganoff - fry onions, mushrooms, diced potatoes, red peppers, add some water or stock and simmer, then finally stir in some yoghurt with a spoonful of flour stirred in it, serve over rice or pasta or baked potato, and you can add grated cheese on top! (No idea the calories, I've never cooked it since I've been counting! But obviously you could adapt it to reduce them!)

Also when we make fajitas we use it instead of soured cream (because it's in the fridge really but it's just as nice)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yummmm....bump!