Back, again. Need support!

Options
Hi all,

I am a 30 year old mom, working full-time with quite a busy life outside of that too. I used MFP last year Jan-May and lost over 40 lbs. It was easy when you weren't working full time, had a gym membership and trainer! Then everything changed in my life and my diet plan and exercise regime went out the window, causing me to gain back a lot of the weight. Its taken awhile to get back in the right frame of mind but I am back at it again and would love some more friends for support and motivation. I am currently trying to track everything (again) and increase my exercise. I've started to dabble in jogging too which has propelled my desire to keep going forward, especially after the 21 minutes I jogged straight on the treadmill last night! As for goals. .I currently have a hard goal set to lose 100 lbs though I think I am going to do mini goals of 20... 40 .. 60 .. etc until I hit that ultimate weight. Anyway, I'd welcome any friend adds who would like to keep me motivated and vice versa. :)

Replies

• ferra11
    ferra11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have almost the same story...I lost 61 pounds last year and have put on a good portion of it. I just started back up on MFP and would love to be your friend....we have to stick together in this aggravating journey...lol
  • paigeyleigh
    paigeyleigh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes its frustrating isn't it! The only positive out of it is knowing that it *can* be done, and *will* be done again!! :) Thanks for the add!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, i would love to have you as a friend for both support & encouragement! i have lost 87 pounds so far & still have a few more to go since june 2012! i will sent a friend request your way!
  • rebeccajane19
    Options
    hiya, its always best when you have a friend to support you and talk to when your having a tough day ! i have just started again after hitting a bit of a wall 3 weeks ago. would be good to start again with someone so there is some support for each other:) x
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... I've been at this a year now and have had some great success! I don't have all the answers but my diary is open to friends and I am pretty active at responding to questions and comments.
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    welcome back - this is a good place for a repeat - or for me a threepeat... I know about busy. I know what's working for me now, and it's MFP! The motivating friends I have found make all the difference... learning lots, books to read, workouts to try, how to build up when you really can't do anything at all... how to make it when you are older and trying to get back to the person you really are inside... Good luck with your new lifestyle! It has to work for who you are now, not who you used to be :happy:
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've just started to get back into the swing of things as well. Trying to up my game in exercise and activity, so that I can keep up with my kids. They seem to be getting faster and faster. lol. Always room for more friends to share motivation with. FR sent...
  • lorrainebradbury3
    Options
    Hi I only heard about this site literally 5 min ago and decided to join as I have for the last month been on a a bit of a health kick and would like to keep it up. I have in the past been to weight watchers and also slimming world but did not like the classes that were held weekly and got fed up with paying someone to weigh me. However did lose most of the weight I wanted to lose. I am going to give this one a go and see how I get on, like the fact you can sit an email your thoughts and get feed back and support online. Wish me luck as I do you.

Lorraine:happy:
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • paigeyleigh
    paigeyleigh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies and the adds! I can relate to so many stories. I look forward to motivating and being motivated by our daily success. Thanks again! .. off to go jog!!
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Getting back in the swing as well, feel free to add me
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I lost that 100 lbs. of baby weight long ago. Now, at age 52, I am battling the menopause fat. I am a working professional, single mom with 3 kids in college. I just started jogging and cycling. I wish I could swim more!
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd like more friends too. I'll send some requests out. :-)
  • Taralyn2013
    Options
    Hello,
    This is my first time posting here on the website. I have lost 35 lbs since oct 31st. However, I have been at a stand still with weight loss for 2 months. The last 10 lbs is a big challenge ...:( I went online and found this fitness pal app. I love the fact I can find info on nutritional values for everything. I am slowly losing .... 2 lbs ...8 more to go. This fitness pal has helped me control my portions as well.
  • abbyherrington
    Options
    Sending some requests out as well. The supportive community here definitely makes a difference and as a full time student who works part time, I also know about busy. Good luck to all with your weight loss goals!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to send a FR as long as you can handle my sarcasm
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i have same story. last year lost 39 pounds working my *kitten* off and counting my calories. i lost my way in the fall and gained back 29 pounds. i am now starting all over again. i am so mad at myself. i felt so good losing that weight cant understand why i let myself gain it back. feel free to add my as a friend if you would like.
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm back again myself. Anyone is free to add me.
  • kjmiller_15
    kjmiller_15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly Jo, I am 26 and just had a baby two years ago, and it seems like my metabolism just stopped. I actually was having problems with my menstrual cycle, and I went to the doctor and she had a talk with me about my weight, and thats the reason why my cycle is so messed up. It was all I could do not to cry in front of the doctor because I was in so much shock that i let myself get like this. I use to be Athletic. Now I am working, going to college, and taking care of my family. I quess i wasn't leaving any room to take care of myself, I just didnt care and spiraled out of control. So now that I actually have the motivation to lose weight, I joined my fitness pal as my first step. I need all the support I can get.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like.