Brazil Body Now

Options
Has anyone tried this and if so, what did you think?

Replies

• bookdeity
    bookdeity Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing! The only reviews I can find online don't seem to be unbiased, but it isn't available on Amazon so there aren't reviews there. I'm also considering Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis (either Abcentric or Omnicentric). :smile:
  • bookdeity
    Options
    Jesicali: I'm not sure if you've checked it out, but Katia Luna who does the Brazil Body Now videos has a couple of Youtube videos if you want to check those out to at least see her style. At least with those she's really good about breaking down a beginner vs advanced version of her exercises.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Brazil Body Now for 12 weeks. Although my weight loss has slowed down, I've lost almost 3 inches from my hips, and 2 inches from my waist.
    I LOVE it. I'll be 49 years old next month, so I guess you can say, she kicks my *kitten*! But, She's 44. So, if she can do it, why not me???
    It's a lot of cardio and resistance. Lots and Lots of squats and hip rolls. Try it!! When you order it, you've got a 90 day trial. I figured I had nothing to lose.
  • bookdeity
    Options
    I've been doing Brazil Body Now for 12 weeks. Although my weight loss has slowed down, I've lost almost 3 inches from my hips, and 2 inches from my waist.
    I LOVE it. I'll be 49 years old next month, so I guess you can say, she kicks my *kitten*! But, She's 44. So, if she can do it, why not me???
    It's a lot of cardio and resistance. Lots and Lots of squats and hip rolls. Try it!! When you order it, you've got a 90 day trial. I figured I had nothing to lose.

The 90 day guarantee is what attracted me to it as well. :smile:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    ooooooooh, sounds like I might like this! I LOVE Zumba, and our instructor has recently started adding in squats to some numbers. Off to check it out........
  • Katerina67
    Katerina67 Posts: 21
    Options
    I've just received the DVD yesterday. I have my doubts about the program, because I usually don't trust products that can be baught from one particular site only. I tried it out yesterday and got stuck at the instructions. Katia Luna does not break down the steps very well and I found them rather complicated. They are not difficult, but complicated, so if you are not very well coordinated (like me) maybe the workout is not for you. There are also claims that the workout is designed for all ages and fitness level, so I expected it to be a low impact cardio. Well, there is too much cardio for my fitness level which is completely out of shape. I've been doing Tiffany Rothe workouts, FitnessBlender Low Impact Cardio for Beginners, FitnessBlender Weight Training Workout for Weight Loss and Hip Hops Abs for Beginners - they all were easier to follow!

By the way, I did check out Katia Luna's workouts on Youtube before buying the DVD and I liked them! But the 1st workout on DVD is nothing like this, it's Samba. And I had to search for other samba tutorials online, because they break down the steps much better than Katia Luna does. And somehow I don't believe that 3 times a week will be enough.
  • bookdeity
    Options
    I've just received the DVD yesterday. I have my doubts about the program, because I usually don't trust products that can be baught from one particular site only. I tried it out yesterday and got stuck at the instructions. Katia Luna does not break down the steps very well and I found them rather complicated. They are not difficult, but complicated, so if you are not very well coordinated (like me) maybe the workout is not for you. There are also claims that the workout is designed for all ages and fitness level, so I expected it to be a low impact cardio. Well, there is too much cardio for my fitness level which is completely out of shape. I've been doing Tiffany Rothe workouts, FitnessBlender Low Impact Cardio for Beginners, FitnessBlender Weight Training Workout for Weight Loss and Hip Hops Abs for Beginners - they all were easier to follow!

By the way, I did check out Katia Luna's workouts on Youtube before buying the DVD and I liked them! But the 1st workout on DVD is nothing like this, it's Samba. And I had to search for other samba tutorials online, because they break down the steps much better than Katia Luna does. And somehow I don't believe that 3 times a week will be enough.

I agree, by not having it available on other sites, you also don't have the benefit of having reviews, then again I don't know how new this program is and if people have had a chance to try it. I love detailed reviews so you know what to expect with say DVD 1 or how often you have to do it or even if there is a hassle if you do try to return it. Your thoughts are really helpful. Do you mind updating on how you continue to like it? Or I can send you a friend request. :smile:
  • Corinne_Howland
    Options
    I very uncoordinated!!! So, I spent the first two weeks just doing the instructional part of each dvd, going through it twice the second week.
    I agree that it's a lot of cardio. I paced myself. I'm sure it's not for everybody. But, I do like it.
  • Katerina67
    Options
    posted twice by mistake :)
  • Katerina67
    Options
    Your thoughts are really helpful. Do you mind updating on how you continue to like it? Or I can send you a friend request. :smile:

Thank you!
    I will keep you updated, but I am not sure I'll keep the DVD. Even in my best shape I have very low aerobic endurance, so cardio workouts don't work well for me. I mean, I do cardio, but I alwasy have to start slowly, gradually increasing pace and time so cardio worouts never do much for me in terms of loosing weigh, I prefer workouts that use strength and body resistance. It's funny, I can do the FinessBlender Weigh Training Workout for Weight Loss (the only thing I rest longer between the sets so it takes longer to complete the workout) and it's designed for advanced level, but the Brazil Body Now is too difficult for me and it's supposed to be for beginners :)))
  • Katerina67
    Options
    dchtrnsp, so did you do only 3 x 30' a week to achieve such results, or you did something else on top of it?
  • bdazzling06
    bdazzling06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this today, and I can't wait to get it! I am a little worried, I am just starting out and hope its not too complicated.
  • bookdeity
    Options
    I just ordered this today, and I can't wait to get it! I am a little worried, I am just starting out and hope its not too complicated.

Let us know what you think!
  • Corinne_Howland
    Options
    I do the dvd's Mon Wed and Fri. Then I walk on Tue Thur and Sat. Sunday is rest day. I knew after 1 month I wouldn't be sending it back. I've worked hard before, but didn't get these changes. My legs are leaner. I never measured them, but even I notice the difference. My arms are toning.
    I've done Toni Little, Some boxing dvd's. The money I've spent, hoping. :ohwell:
    I know I have to be in it for life. I'm type 1 diabetic for 40 years, hypothyroid for 27. I have plenty gong against me. But, I'm hopeful, for the first time in a long time.:happy: :happy:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    no idea about the dvd, but what is up with all this fitness fascination with Brazil? That's like the #1 plastic surgery spot in the world, and what's not surgery is due primarily to genetics, but dvd after dvd (or hair product) is sold that if you shake your hips like this or that you'll get the booty of a rap video girl.

i don't understand. well, i understand wanting to get that body. i don't understand why people think it will come out of a dvd
  • bookdeity
    Options
    no idea about the dvd, but what is up with all this fitness fascination with Brazil? That's like the #1 plastic surgery spot in the world, and what's not surgery is due primarily to genetics, but dvd after dvd (or hair product) is sold that if you shake your hips like this or that you'll get the booty of a rap video girl.

i don't understand. well, i understand wanting to get that body. i don't understand why people think it will come out of a dvd

I can't speak for the others, but for me I really don't care about the "Brazil" body type. Since the workout we are talking about has nothing to do with Beachbody's "Brazil Butt Lift". My interest is more in finding a full body workout that I enjoy, whether it is based on Brazilian Samba, dance cardio, Egyptian bellydance, etc. The before/after pictures for this program look the same as most other DVD programs but without the bulk.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to judge the program we choose to use to get fit (or our reasons why), just because it has Brazil in the name. Try looking at the program first.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Options
    /\ well put! /\ Don't understand someone's need or desire to burst someone else's bubble.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Strange. I didn't actually criticize the dvd and even said I wasn't familiar with it. I was asking a question about why the word "Brazil" is currently being used to market so many fitness items, including yours. But whatever. I don't know if you're in a bubble. Hell, I don't even care if you're in a bubble. I was asking a legit question

Soooo, you picked a dancing dvd because you believe it will give you a "full body workout" and get you in shape "without getting bulky". Interesting hypothesis you have there. I've given at least one or two people on this site helpful advice about that particular subject, but

x5K9etf.jpg?1

Best of luck to you in all of your fitness endeavors.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I can't speak for the others, but for me I really don't care about the "Brazil" body type. Since the workout we are talking about has nothing to do with Beachbody's "Brazil Butt Lift". My interest is more in finding a full body workout that I enjoy, whether it is based on Brazilian Samba, dance cardio, Egyptian bellydance, etc. The before/after pictures for this program look the same as most other DVD programs but without the bulk.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to judge the program we choose to use to get fit (or our reasons why), just because it has Brazil in the name. Try looking at the program first.

Didn't see anywhere where he criticized the program, but you obviously took it that way. was going to add some input but I'm just going to head out of this thread because calling others bulky (see bolded) is body shaming and I just don't like that at all. best of luck in your endeavors.
  • bookdeity
    Options
    I'm not body shaming by saying that SOME (sorry not sure how to bold, so don't mistake that for yelling) DVD before/after pictures show that they have bulked up. I was making an observation and comparing it to the before/after pictures for this program. That is the goal for some people which I have no problem with. I'm sorry if you took it for judgment. For me, I'm a dancer so that is the type of fitness that is enjoyable to me and the body type I would like to have. That is my interest in it, I'm not sure if others, who were actually responding to the OP, feel the same way.