almost 6 weeks and no weight loss?.. why?

Options

Replies

• teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    some of us lose slower and 6 weeks may be too soon to start with the scale .....your workouts sound awesome so keep that up and clean up your "diet" - if not, you will lose weight but it will be slow going - they are UNFORTUNATELY right when they say its 80% diet and 20% exercise .....
  • fitgirl09jessica
    Options
    Just make sure you eat clean, or mostly clean! And take your measurements & progress pictures. I've only lost 5 pounds in a month but my measurements and pictures have changed quite a bit!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Don't go by the scale if you are working out. Muscle weighs more than fat. Do your measurements and check them monthly and see how your clothes fit. That will be the true test. Good luck.

how do your cloths feel? if they are fitting better, your probably trading fat for muscle. keep it up! We'll see ourselves bigger than we are in the mirror, and the scale is an evil *kitten*. but our cloths will tell us the truth!

In 6 weeks you aren't going to build enough muscle mass to stall the scale. It is EXTREMELY hard to put on measureable muscle mass, especially for a female........especially in 6 weeks.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I've noticed 2 things here.

1) You barely track what you eat.

2) The two days I saw that you did, one day was only 800 calories.

Be consistent and true to yourself in logging. Also, it's possible that you are maintaining quite a bit of water retention from your new found exercise. Muscles retain water for repair, and it will show on the scale. I can measure the difference of 1.5 lbs when I weight myself after a heavy lifting session to the next morning.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Record EVERYTHING you eat for a full week, weigh and measure everything, Hopefully you will see a change on the scale.

Have you done measurements? I had one week where i lost 500 grams but 8 cms!!
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you eat clean, or mostly clean! And take your measurements & progress pictures. I've only lost 5 pounds in a month but my measurements and pictures have changed quite a bit!

waaaiit fooor iiiit...
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    OP, don't listen to all these people telling you to cut carbs, you must eat clean, work out harder, etc. Keep stuff simple!

Eat within your caloric goal, eat what you like to eat, and make sure you're tracking ALL the calories correctly. Weigh/measure everything on a kitchen scale (they're not expensive--if you don't have one, get one now). Track your alcohol if you indulge, track your condiments, oils, everything. All those bites and licks from spoons, etc.

Exercise how you like--I only walked at first, and when I felt up to it/interested in other stuff, I started doing that stuff too. Control your weight with your diet--exercise to be more fit, to get stronger, to reshape your body....but the diet is what will determine your fat loss.

Drink water, sleep well, try not to stress out.

Take photos and record your measurements. Use those things and the fit of your clothes to judge how you're doing...the scale is just not the best way to look for progress or a lack thereof.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Log your food consistently for six weeks and then see if you are still not losing. You would be surprised at how far off you can be if you aren't keeping track.
  • SmartSysta
    SmartSysta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Take a look at your sodium intake. When I began to eliminate table salt and lower my sodium intake, the weight began to move. Sodium is in almost everything we eat, but in higher amounts in prepackaged foods. This is why I stopped eating things that are sealed. Instead, I eat, juice, or blend a variety of fruits and vegetables to help me along the way. I got this information from the new book that I'm reading by Joel Fuhrman called "Eat to Live." Check it out, you just might find some useful tips.
  • Rthomas826
    Rthomas826 Posts: 14
    Options
    @RGv2 I just started this yesterday. so that is why my entries are so few. Yesterday I did only eat 800 calories and then a light work out of walking 4miles. I wanted to bring my calories up some, but it was 11pm and I don't like eating so late right before I go to bed :) I didn't realize I didn't eat as much as i should until I tracked it with MFP. So I think this is going to help me with more consistency .
  • jelibn1980
    jelibn1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have been "dieting" for almost 6 weeks and what ive done is cut out ALL bread. I didnt cut carbs but i cut out bread. I eat around 1200 calories per day and TRY to work out half an hour each day. Ive managed to lose 8lbs so far and feel AMAZING, just from not having bread. It took a few days of withdrawls and i felt like crap, but after that, i dont miss the bread and i am finally seeing results on the scale!
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello -
    I am at about 6 weeks and just lost my first two pounds. I have been working out 3-5 times a week and watching my diet.. .it has been a frustrating road - I did take my measurements and they did go down - my clothes are fitting much better too - but that number.... I was super stoked when it finally went down. I feel your pain - but dont give up - the numbers will go down, in the mean time you are making a fitter healthier you in spite of what that stupid scale says...
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Look, you have to be completely honest and accurate with your food log, or else, what is the point of logging it? It looks like you were a couple of calories over on the 17th.....but it also shows that you ate a hamburger with no hamburger.....is that accurate or just an error?
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should detox, and go from there = )
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    @RGv2 I just started this yesterday. so that is why my entries are so few. Yesterday I did only eat 800 calories and then a light work out of walking 4miles. I wanted to bring my calories up some, but it was 11pm and I don't like eating so late right before I go to bed :) I didn't realize I didn't eat as much as i should until I tracked it with MFP. So I think this is going to help me with more consistency .
    sounds like you are not eating enough, especially with your level of exercise..
    These threads have a LOT of info that should help you out ---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Shame on those of you who told her to eat less before she opened her diary.
  • Rthomas826
    Options
    @bigjuicyhog I am honest. I'm trying to long everything I couldn't remember everything i ate before that day. so i didnt log it. i just started yesterday. And LMAO if i forgot the hamburger?... I'm going to add that!! lol that's funny...
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job. Lots of ideas for you above---
    and are you adding salad dressing to your salads? Sometimes they are full of fat and calories. Some "salads" too, especially at restaurants are packed with lots of calories [think: croutons, cheese, olives and more....].

Good luck!
  • Rthomas826
    Options
    Yes I'm so appreciative of all the responses! :) Thank you everyone! And no I usually to eat my salad plain. its a mix of green n purple and spinach. they add some yellow and red bell peppers and green onions. made at my works cafeteria :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Look, you have to be completely honest and accurate with your food log, or else, what is the point of logging it? It looks like you were a couple of calories over on the 17th.....but it also shows that you ate a hamburger with no hamburger.....is that accurate or just an error?

Honesty and accuracy. It's the whole thing.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sorry..I only skimmed so I don't know if anyone has said this..

Are you taking measurements or pictures? There are many success pictures here where the person hasn't lost any weight, or even gained weight and their body looks so much better! I'm just saying that the scale isn't everything. It's good to monitor your weight, but compare pictures..I guarantee you have results in there.