jillian michaels work out

Options
I've been seeing a lot of people who are recommending one or the other of Jillian Michaels work outs dvd's. Before i buy i would like to know

1 how much has it increased your weight loss ie. loosing another 2lb a week
2 do you feel more toned?
3 what you have lost so far SINCE adding this to your weight loss regime

thanks

Replies

• chrisrn30
    chrisrn30 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I'll be more than happy to help you out, I;m currently on "Jillians 30 day ripped" workout, I'll be numbering my answers since you have 3 questions I don't want it to be too confusing,

1. this I don't know really, I don't track of my weight, I so I don't feel the anxiety of doing all this and that and lose nothing. well Idk but for me it's just a psychological challenge (for me)

2. after I finished P90, I lost a TON of weight, and after few weeks of doing that letting my body rest, I started the Jillians workout this month and so far I'm seeing RESULTS ( i don't have any pictures here that has been added recently)

3. I just measure this by my pants size, I was size 42 mens before doing the P90 (Power 90) then after finishing it i was size 38-39, I started Jillian now I'm currently size 36.

If there's any question or help that you need just let me know. :)
  • nydc
    nydc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing a lot of people who are recommending one or the other of Jillian Michaels work outs dvd's. Before i buy i would like to know

thanks

I have been doing 30 day shred (tomorrow is my final day)
    1. It hasn't really increased weight loss.. I credit the weight loss to watching my calories.
    2. I 100% feel more toned and in better shape. I didn't take measurements but I did take pictures and I can definitely tell a difference
    3. I think about 4 lbs but like I said I credit that to diet and although the scale isn't showing it I have made a difference in the inches.

P.s I found the videos for free on YouTube and done a lot of the beginner moves and still got great results. I plan to do it again soon. :)
  • kri1977
    kri1977 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1) Not sure but since I loved the workouts I really did do them daily and therefore helped me keep up with my calorie deficit
    2) 100% more toned. I can now do most of the crazy moves all to the end. I am stronger and I can see it and feel it.
    3) I lost about 5 kg in total (I need to lose 1 more)

One addedd benefit is that after 2 months weight just started dropping off. Could be due to her "metabolic training"

I did 30 Days Shred and Ripped in 30 days and am now doing a mix.

Hope this helps!

Ciao
    K
  • elephant_in_the_room
    elephant_in_the_room Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, somewhere in the middle, not actually counting days and modifying it all the time (usually doing everything a bit longer, a bit harder, and working in other exercises.)

1. Don't know, only started logging weight again a week ago, afteer having shockingly gained 3 kilos in 6 weeks.
    2. Yes, feel way more toned
    3. Can't say

It's a type of circuit training. It's quite similar to some of the indoor exercises we did at school during PE.

Of course it will tone you. It's a routine that's designed to use different muscles in relatively short intervals, always just a bit beyond limit (I think that's the idea when she calls it 'Shred'), and to use as many muscles as possible at the same time, with no more than 1-2 seconds rest in between. It's a planned mix of strength, cardio, and abs, and for each several different excises. Of course it will tone your muscles.

Of course it will also burn calories and therefore help weight loss. If you do it in addition to what you do now, it will burn that many more calories and thus contribute to your weight loss. If you are doing it to replace something else, then of course it must burn more calories than the activity it's replacing to be more effective at weight loss. There is no magic bullet for weight loss, and this is none, either.

I need it because I can't run very long distances any more (currently), and while I'd love to go back to running, I have to admit that this circuit training is definitely a more balanced workout that exercises more parts of my body more evenly. That also means that by that very nature, it burns less energy than running. In running, you move the large muscles of your legs which burn much more eneregy. In Jillian Michael's general exercises, you use all kinds of muscles, some of which are not as large (arms, abs) and therefore won't burn as many calories.

To quantify this, my heart rate monitor says that in the 26 minutes of the 30 day shred level 1 I just did, I burned 164 calories.
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    this is good thank you. i have 30 day shred now and extreame shed and shred aswell. i will start 30ds on august 1st to run along side my 30 day chocolate ban
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

thanks

I have, and have been doing, the 30DS.

1) the weeks I took off from the program, I only lost .2 and .4 - when I started back up again, I have been losing .8 - 1.6lbs per week.

2) I can feel it and I can SEE it - especially in my legs.

3) all told, 20 of my 37# have been lost during my 30DS ( I started about 3 months in)

I like it because its a challenge, because she pushes you, because I get a sense of accomplishment when I can do a level and not stop (notice I didnt' say "not die" :wink: )
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i did 30 ds 3 times and lost no weight, only inches. I also did rin30 twice again no weight loss and only inches. i started 6week 6 pack but never finished it as i started a new program.... i felt each time i lost inches it made a difference, i felt and looked more toned as well, i started to get some definition.
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options

thanks

I just completed the 30 day shred. I noticed i didn't see as much weight loss but i did see a bunch of inches lost
    I definitely am more toned and have more definition, u can actually see my biceps now whereas before it was just fat and the same with my abdomen
    I lost a total of 8lbs and a total of 12 inches

Hope this helps!