Success! ~ On to the next goal!

Options
khk2010
khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
I finally made it out of obese BMI! Here I am at a BMI of 29.7! How funny to be happy to be "just overweight" and not obese.

Over the last several years I have tried every diet out there. I would lose around 20 pounds, start to feel better and then gain it all back. This is the first time in about 8 years that I have gotten down to this weight. I am praying that I will be able to continue on this healthy path and that this time I will keep all the weight off. Since May I have lost 35 pounds and about 30" all over including 9" from my waist using the MFP website! I am out of plus size clothes and 3 sizes down.

It will take 30 pounds more to get to my next big goal of a healthy BMI of 25. I hope to make it by Christmas Day of this year. I would like to get down 2-3 more sizes and get my waist down to a healthier 35" (or less).

For now I will continue to take it one day at a time and do the best I can. My next small goal is to get into the next group of numbers down on the scale. 6 to go to achieve that small goal.

Biggest goal is to KEEP IT OFF!!!!!

Wish me luck!

Replies

• adelehj
    Options
    Wow, thats fantastic, great news
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    :smile: Congrats...keep up the awesome work....You can deffinitely do this....
  • sanrog
    Options
    Good Job - Keep it up! You are doing great and getting healthier every day!
  • lizzy755
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great :D
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, just keep your eye on the prize. It always seems like it is impossible, but the only obstacle is looking back at you in the mirror. Just keep in mind it is very hard for EVERYONE and tomorrow will come no matter what and nothing tastes as good as healthy feels :)
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I can only imagine (at least for right now) how terrific this makes you feel and how daunting the goal appeared at the beginning. Seems to me that nothing can stop you from your next achievement! Great job!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Massive congratulations! xxx
  • ShannonRaeinAZ
    Options
    Congratulations, keep it up!
    Well put, Dencrossgirl "...nothing tastes as good as healthy feels :) "! - I like it!
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WTG! That is awesome and I'm so happy for you. You have a great attitude and now a great body to go along with it! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You can certainly achieve it! I am 52 and have lost 44 pounds and now in maintenance and that really is as difficult as losing it! You are making great progress and you have reasonable goals. Kudos to your success and best wishes on the rest of your journey!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Keep up the good work!
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    Congratulations - well done
  • seasargasso
    seasargasso Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So cool! Congratulations. That must be a great feeling
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!