Hi I've just joined and looking for friends

Options
Hi guys,
I've just joined and already love how easy this site is to use.

I'm 30 and live in Manchester. I love gym classes such as body combat and spinning however although I do these regularly I'm still overweight because I just eat way too much!!!

Anyway, I would love some friends to journey along with so if you want to add me then please do so.

Replies

• KateParsnip
    Options
    Hiya.

I'm Kate...been doing this a week and loving it. I live just outside Skipton. I'm the same as you; pretty fit and like running and Body pump, but just eat a bit too much! It's been a real eye opener really being honest with myself about portion sizes. I nearly fell over when I saw how many calories I've been eating in peanut butter alone!! haha

Also, my down fall is wine...getting into the habit of half a bottle a couple of times a week and then alot more at weekends. God sounds like I should be at AA not MFP!!

Anyway, I'm doing little things to make long term changes. Weighing food, buying those little one glass bottles of red wine and cans of Gin and slimline tonic and letting myself have a drink with a meal if I fancy it. I've only had one drink this week as I've been so motivated to lose a few pounds.

Anyway, I would be happy for you to add me. I'll definitely be encouraging as when we talk it you've got to be doing it yourself eh?

Best wishes, Kate
  • KateParsnip
    Options
    Anybody feel free to add me!
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I update my cardio daily.
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Welcome to MFP, I am a Manchester lass too but I live in Jersey now!
    I find this site and the people on it a great source of encouragement and just makes you think about meals that bit more!!

Feel free to add me too x
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also do a lot of gym classes and kick boxing and do a fair of walking around and cycling around this pretty island I live on. Love my food though, which is a challenge, especially at weekends!!
  • melindalancaster1
    melindalancaster1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI,

I'm a couple hours away in catterick i'm the same go to gym a minimum of 4 times a week but still overweight as i love food too much my meals are healthy but i snack on crap hahahaha and have also just started using MFP feel free to add me as a friend