what worked for you for losing the most weight?

Options

Replies

• sexymuffintop
    Options
    Training everyday
    6 healthy meals
    Carb cycling for extreme shredding

Yup, I'd say it's working for you.....hubba :blushing:
  • Michelleh118
    Michelleh118 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Tracking all my food and, regular gym sessions and drinking lots of water, I'm losing weight slowly and sleeping much better.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Eating more fruits and Veggies

Reducing my fast food intake

Exercise 5 days a week
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Portion control - that's how I lost weight

How I got fit?
    Cutting out the junk like soda, pizza, fast food
    Virtually eliminating processed foods. If it comes in a box, a can, or a bottle, I probably don't eat it.
    Cutting carbs and increasing protein 35% / 35% / 30%
    Limiting rice and potatoes
    Fruit, veggies, beans, lean red meat, chicken, fish, low fat dairy, and whole grain baked items.
    Water
    Strength training
    Running

I am off all my meds except the one for blood pressure. I run 40 miles a week, and that may not change the meds. There is a long list of issues that I don't have any more from getting up in the middle of the night to pee, to heart disease.

david_comparison_promo.jpg
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    To lose the *most* weight? Pretty much quit eating. Severe calorie restriction will do it.

To lose the *right* weigh that's not gonna come straight back? Then this:
    Figuring out my BMR and TDEE.
    Eating at a deficit.
    Lifting heavy.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Eating uber clean for 6 weeks and training strenuously 5-6 times a week.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Exercising more so I can eat more.
    Finding exercise I enjoy so that it doesn't feel like an annoying chore.
    Working on not using food as a reward.
    Cooking at home most of the time and minimizing processed foods.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Figuring out my BMR and TDEE.
    Eating at a deficit.
    Lifting heavy.

This. :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and staying at or slightly under my daily calorie allowance.
    Thanks to my fitbit one, getting up and moving more every day.

MFP and my fitbit are the best tools I have, and I am extremely grateful for both!
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Working on not using food as a reward.

+1
    Probably the hardest... all my life, food has been what made the day nice. Cutting down on stuff like bread and potatoes, which I love, tends to get me depraved and moody. That's really the hardest part for me, as opposed to eating more veggies etc.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    portion control and weighing food :)
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Reducing my carb intake helped me stay within a good calorie goal, as I found for me personally it reduced appetite and cravings. I was keeping it around 70-80g/day, but I haven't been lately and I've noticed the difference.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Reducing my carb intake helped me stay within a good calorie goal, as I found for me personally it reduced appetite and cravings. I was keeping it around 70-80g/day, but I haven't been lately and I've noticed the difference.

70-80g a day?! That's intense, I have trouble sticking to 180g a day! That's some iron will right there.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Eat less - move more ~ sounds simple enough and it's worked for me

Fortunately I always ate good foods, just way too much.

I made the decision to walk to work 4 days a week, then adjusted that to walking the long way (1 mile vs .25 mile)

Then I took control of portion sizes - that was the big one for me.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has worked for me is to eat and drink less calories than my body needs. With total starvation you will lose the most weight but it is not as healthy as eating more and losing at a slower rate. Eating more calories has never helped me to lose weight faster. My personal preference is to eat more protein and fats and cut back on starches and refined carbs because it helps me to eat less calories. I realize that it would not work for everyone that way.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Sugar for me, including 'natural' sugar from fruit. One serving a day and that's it. Sugar = satan.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    by cutting out all sugar do you also mean natural sugar like fruits? for example i'm always way over my sugar limit because i have a banana almost every day, but i don't drink pop or eat candy. because i'm still having problems losing weight and i was wondering if its because of the natural sugar in the fruit i eat

It's not the sugar in your fruit. It's calories. You're either eating too many or too few. Too many is obvious, a surplus adds weight. Too few can slow your metabolism and make it more difficult to lose.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Literally the tracking and exercising has been really easy for me to lose weight. I also don't drink soft drinks anymore and only water. I cut out fast food, if i do eat out..i always check the calorie count before i choose an item.

I have my calories set to 1350 and exercise about 4-5 times a week.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    eating less.
    getting off the couch also helped.
  • abbyherrington
    Options
    For me it's been most about reducing instead of eliminating foods. When you decide to completely eliminate something, I find you get much more discouraged when you eat it, even if it's just once. I have REDUCED processed foods, red meats, sugar, and carbs. I've been eating mainly fish and poultry for meat, more eggs where I used to eat carbs, and overall have been avoiding processed foods. Realistically we all get busy and eat foods that we shouldn't, it's just a matter of controlling those foods and knowing that it's not the end of all your fitness dreams if you eat a microwave dinner one day because you forgot to make a lunch.