What junk food do you happily include in your daily cals?

Options

Replies

• nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Did someone refer to chocolate and alcohol as junk?
    For shame.

I know, right???? I'm guilty:bigsmile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Ice cream of course:)! I eat ice cream almost everyday. If I have enough calories I'll put some cookies in it.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    For shame.

Aye, there is no junk, just food.

I eat/drink it all happily ...
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    popcorn!

Totally! Me too. Popcorn, popped on the stove with oil and real melted butter drizzled on afterwards. I have cut down the amount I make, the oil I use, and also now put half butter and half parmesan cheese. But I love my popcorn...and no air popped crap.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hersheys kisses I allow myself a couple everyday as my little reward.
  • devonkp
    devonkp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    plain popcorn. at only 30 calories a cup, I could eat a bag a day.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    All junk food if it doesn't put me over on the calories I am trying to eat.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    For shame.

My apologies! To atone for my sin I will have more wine and choc x
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, pie.
  • IndieGordon
    Options
    For me, it's 6 grain potato chips ... Sweet chili flavor and they are baked not fried so it makes me feel better.
  • jxspxr
    jxspxr Posts: 150
    Options
    So far I've mostly concerned myself with calorie balance per day, and some days I am very restrictive and some days I am eat more (one of my methods is intermittent fasting). So, limiting quantity is what matters most at this time, and I care about staying motivated, so I just eat everything I want. I eat a bit more fruit though. But that's the only thing I know that I've changed in the type of foods I eat.

But: Quality of food is next on the list. But even then I won't pay too much attention to restricting some foods for myself. My experience is that it's better to find ways to enjoy something that's good for you then to make rules for yourself not to do the bad thing, because, after some time you'll want to good thing and you'll dislike the bad thing - without there being a rule. Intrinsic motivation beats extrinsic motivation.

Another thing about rules is that you feel bad if you break them, which may cause you to give up - which is really a waste of all the time and effort you put into something.

But sometimes a rule is required, in case of addictions - but even then you need to learn to find and appreciate good ways to get what you want and grow to dislike the bad ways.

So: yes, I eat everything. One challenge at a time is enough for me!
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Alternates between chips and chocolate. I'm never satisfied with just a small piece or portion of either, so I usually only have room for one or the other.
  • abbyherrington
    Options
    My guilty pleasures are definitely peanut butter and alcohol. I eat peanut butter almost every day, and on the weekend I enjoy my alcohol. I justify it by telling myself that if I didn't allow these things I would feel deprived and give up altogether.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Nutella spread over graham crackers. Yum.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ice cream of course:)! I eat ice cream almost everyday. If I have enough calories I'll put some cookies in it.

Ditto for me! I make sure to leave enough room for it every evening.
  • gampsm824
    gampsm824 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bologna:tongue:
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    For shame.

My apologies! To atone for my sin I will have more wine and choc x

I feel guilty by association so I'll have some too. ;-)
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasures are definitely peanut butter and alcohol. I eat peanut butter almost every day, and on the weekend I enjoy my alcohol. I justify it by telling myself that if I didn't allow these things I would feel deprived and give up altogether.

whoa now, let's not call peanut butter junk. It has protein, fiber and fats! I eat peanut butter almost everyday too, but I've never considered it a junk food.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    For shame.

I know, right? :laugh:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I think I manage to eat some every week, and I wouldn't have it any other way.