No weight loss this week

Options
orcaone
orcaone Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I am a 44 year old female and have a few pounds to lose a year on from having my baby. I am on 1200 calories and the first two weeks lost 4 then 3 ibs. Last week I lost hardly anything, I went over net calories for week by about 100 but still expected to lose more as did loads of walking too! Mmmm anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 44 year old female and have a few pounds to lose a year on from having my baby. I am on 1200 calories and the first two weeks lost 4 then 3 ibs. Last week I lost hardly anything, I went over net calories for week by about 100 but still expected to lose more as did loads of walking too! Mmmm anyone else have the same problem?

Weight loss isn't a linear event...it's up and down...you have weeks with bigger losses, weeks with smaller losses, weeks with no loss, weeks with small gains (water, hormones, etc). it's not linear, it averages out over time.
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Agree with previous poster. It is ups and downs. I only lost .2 pounds this last week but it is a loss. Don't get down on yourself! just keep going on day at a time.
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you've been doing lots of walking have you been eating back some of those exercise calories? It's important to eat enough for your activity level otherwise, from what I've read on here, the weight might try to stay put...
  • Rebecca_87
    Rebecca_87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't always rely on the scale. Get body measurements too. I didn't lose weight in the last week, but I lost at least a quarter of an inch on multiple areas.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you know is right. You didn't put on the weight quickly, and you won't lose it quickly (although it will come off faster than it went on)
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You are still averaging over 2 pounds a week loss which is great. Sometimes after losing weight, like 7 pounds in 2 weeks, your body has to adjust and 'regroup' from the loss. Don't let ONE week get you down and great job so far!!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't a linear event...it's up and down.
    ^^^^^^^ THIS. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.^^^^

Keep repeating it to yourself until you believe it. Because it's true