Eating out wasn't that hard...

Options
l0vedim0
l0vedim0 Posts: 42 Member
My girlfriend wanted to eat at Red Robins tonight. I got the California Chicken Sandwich no bun and no bacon, wrapped in lettuce. I've had this sandwich before the way it comes normally and dare I say I think I like it the way I had it prepared this time around than how it normally is prepared :noway: I added it to the MFP database.
bjbj1z.jpg
xqhutz.jpg

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'd give that a whirl. Although passing up the bacon is a little extreme...
  • l0vedim0
    Options
    The chicken patty was well seasoned plus there's guacamole. I don't think I would have liked it without the guac.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    How much was that? I would hate to go to a restaurant and order something that's only 400 calories. Robbery.

Even if you are trying to lose weight you still have to eat many, many more calories the rest of the day. The bun isn't healthy, neither is the bacon, but it's not going to hurt you in the long run so long as your calorie goals are met. Should've ordered some fries with that and then had a 400 cal meal later on at home.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I went to dennys today and i build my own burger, love that option in the menu now.
  • l0vedim0
    Options
    How much was that? I would hate to go to a restaurant and order something that's only 400 calories. Robbery.

Even if you are trying to lose weight you still have to eat many, many more calories the rest of the day. The bun isn't healthy, neither is the bacon, but it's not going to hurt you in the long run so long as your calorie goals are met. Should've ordered some fries with that and then had a 400 cal meal later on at home.

I think you missed my point and if you think getting only 400 calories when eating out is robbery than I feel bad for you son because I got 99 problems, but living on dat dere poverty time isn't one :laugh:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Don't look too appetizing, my opinion of course no reflection on you per se......If I eat chicken which isn't often it's normally roasted with all the skin win.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options

I understand what you mean, but I've kind of thrown out that way of thinking. If I like it and it's healthy, it's worth it. I'd rather leave the bun and bacon with the restaurant than wear it on my belly.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

:huh: A meal is only a good value if it is lots of calories?!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Good choice!

I have found I can always find something healthy when eating out. I do tend to eat a lot of entree salads but that is OK. I also prefer to spend my calories on healthy foods.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I ate out at Olive Garden the other day, and had thier new apricot chicken, with brocolli and asparagus on the side, and it was AMAZING!!!!! It was only 390 calories, if I remember correctly. Salad on the side with little cheese, and light dressing, and it was a totally satisfying meal.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Great for you you OP.

I guess.

No bacon is like blasphemy. And red robin has tasty buns. You are stronger than me I guess; I don't do low cal when I go out to eat. I eat all the things.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    A slice of bacon and a bun costs what, 50cent? Crying about losing "value" over that, how childish. Brilliant idea OP, I love how you weren't afraid to ask for that, sometimes I feel awkward asking for special things (vegan). I do LOVE using lettuce instead of buns, and you're upping the nutritional value by getting the salad leaf instead of refined white bread. I tip my hat to you :drinker:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Learned a lot of resturants will try to help if they can they want to please i am vegan so i have to modify a lot of menu items in places that dont have a lot of options dont be afraid to ask
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Dear MFP Members,

I cleaned up this thread.

" In order to ensure MyFitnessPal remains a fun and friendly place for everyone, we have established the following site guidelines which we ask all of our members to follow."

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Please keep in mind the purpose of a post, and the tone of your words when posting a response. The old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" is a good place to start.

Derailing a thread is specifically against the FG.

Let's play nice.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Dear MFP Members,

" In order to ensure MyFitnessPal remains a fun and friendly place for everyone, we have established the following site guidelines which we ask all of our members to follow."

Please keep in mind the purpose of a post, and the tone of your words when posting a response. The old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" is a good place to start.

Let's play nice.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator

It's much better now, nice job. Will you clean my kitchen please?
  • Dmsci
    Dmsci Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank You OP. I enjoy eating out and now that I started MFP, I will be watching for ideas and tips to fit my calories for day.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Dear MFP Members,

Let's play nice.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator

It's much better now, nice job. Will you clean my kitchen please?

:noway: they don't pay me enough. Oh wait, they don't pay me at all.

You are on your own! :laugh:
  • ArmyGuy62
    ArmyGuy62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both use MFP and love it.....we have been searching for a place to eat out where the calorie counts don't exceed the national debt.
    I think we have found a place where we can both walk away satisfied and not break the bank.
    Give this pdf a glance....I was pleasantly surprised
    http://www.olivegarden.ca/core_content/pdfs/olive_garden_nutrition.pdf
  • abbyherrington
    Options
    I love that you posted this because I find eating out is very difficult but going to dinner is something my boyfriend loves to do. I didn't know that restaurants were willing to make changes like that, that is awesome. I recently went out for dinner with a friend and ordered a half size chicken ceasar salad, grilled chicken, with no bacon or croutons, and they gave fresh grated cheese so I could control the cheese portion. The lettuce idea is way more genius though, love this idea!