The good, the bad and the lazy...

Options
Hi all, my names Luke and I have let myself down.

I have had an amazing few years, from meeting my partner, to having our child to starting up my own business.

That is the good.

I have had a bad few years, I have let myself gain weight, get out of shape and lose a lot of self respect and confidence.

That is the bad.

I have blamed work, having no time, no energy and the difficulties of balancing a young family with the demands of a start-up business.

That is the lazy.

So it is time for change. And not my usual lip-service to changing myself, the self deluding platitudes, the quick dissent from intention into excuses, to prevaricating and then a return into the same old (fat) rut.

My other half has shed 3 stone since having our son and I can only think I am really letting the side down when we go out, as both she and my son are real lookers and then there is me, shambling along in my ill fitting clothes, blocking out the sun with my vast bulk...

I am going to keep a journal through my blog (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fattybombatty) and hopefully I will be on my way to a new me and some of you will be keeping my company, journeyers on the same winding road.

I currently weigh a depressing 322lbs, which is staggering as only five years ago I weighed 182lbs! My waist has ballooned to 53inches and my chest is the same.

So I am going to approach this like I approached setting up my business. I researched the market, I worked out a premiss, I set my goals and broke them down into a time line.

And then I went and did it!

Market research has basically been me looking into what I want to look like, finding out the best diet structures and exercise routines to achieve results etc etc I won't bore you with all the details, but suffice to say I feel I have all the vital info needed to embark on this venture.

My exercise routine (in brief) -

Wake up early, 3 mile walk followed by strength training.

During lunch go for another walk, 2 miles

After work another 3 mile walk, followed by Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

Twice a week I will do a yoga video

I will run around and play with my son as much as possible

I will not sit down all day in front of my desk!

A little bit of goal setting (phase 1):

In 6 months time I want to have lost at least 4 stone.

In 6 months time I want to have lost at least 8 inches off my waist.

In 6 months time I want to look better in a suit.

In 6 months time I want to be able to run around with my son properly.

In 6 months time I want to be able to take my family swimming and not look a little less like a whale.

Well, thanks for reading - please feel free to comment, respond, constructive or just letting me know i'm not the only one.

Here's to your health,

LG aka FattybomBatty

Replies

• ksblah
    Options
    You're definitely not the only one! Good luck! If you ever need any encouragement or need to vent or whatever, feel free to message me!!!

Good luck and stay focused!