Recipes using greek yoghurt

Options
13»

Replies

• jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tarter sauce for fish

I make it with either pickles or capers and sometimes I add dill with the capers

Greek yogurt
    Dill Relish or capers
    Pickle or caper juice
    Onion powder
    Minced garlic
  • beezales
    beezales Posts: 7
    Options
    I get made fun of for eating greek yogurt with basically every meal. I use it with tuna to make tuna or egg salad (taste basically the same as with mayo), as "sour cream" with mexican-style dishes (my fav is spicy quinoa with chorizo, black beans, salsa, various veggies and avocado), for breakfast with some honey and fruit, in fruit/protein smoothies...

I would recommend Fage full-fat, plain yogurt -- no added sugar or flavors and it's very filling.

I am obsessed with my new breakfast: I added a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa to 1 cup of yogurt and about a tsp of honey and really whipped it up with my spoon. It tastes like chocolate moose and I added fresh blueberries with a side of extra protein. <--- Life changing.
  • 1BigMidge
    1BigMidge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Diced chicken breast, seasons with some tandoori masala spice, coated with GY and cooked for about 20 mins
    Yum :-)
    I use fage 0% fat GY
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    1tbsp Greek yogurt & 1tsp horseradish for horseradish sauce...YUM!!!!
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am only on day 3 of my new healthy eating and exercise plan and I keep noticing people mentioning greek yoghurt, which seems to be pretty much a staple of everyone's diet on here

My request is can you all post some recipes using greek yoghurt? I cook everything from scratch and would love some lunch ideas using this

Many thanks:happy:

Simple rule of thumb....anywhere you would use "sour cream", switch to "plain greek yogurt"

And mayo.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Bump. Goin' shopping!!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pasta-with-yogurt-sauce/detail.aspx -- I usually cut the amount of pasta in HALF so there is more sauce.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkish-style-eggs/detail.aspx -- I usually reduce the butter, because it just doesn't need that much.
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I add dry ranch mix (look online for a recipe, it's very easy to do on your own and you can adjust to your tastes) and thin with water for salad dressing. For taco salad I'll do part ranch, part taco seasoning.
  • patrickmathews
    Options
    Chicken salad with greek yogurt:

8 oz cooked chicken breast diced (I used the costco prepared stuff in the bag)
    1/2 C fat free greek yogurt
    1 slice (about 1/4 cup) diced onion
    1 stalk diced celery (optional)
    1/2 diced apple (optional)
    1T yellow mustard
    1T lemon juice
    1T Tarragon
    Salt and pepper to taste

Great by itself or on a sandwich/wrap or over green salad..