Has anyone tried the Gardein products

Options
Has anyone tried Gardein products meatless meat with protein everything they have looks delicious

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I like the "chicken" strips and will use the Beefless tips in a pinch, but I much prefer to make my own Seitan to use.
  • Maleragazza
    Options
    They are yummy. My favorite is the..chicken products. I would try them in something though, like as a burger or in a wrap. They are not everyday foods but they fill cravings and can be helpful in social situations.
  • RUNNINxRIOT
    RUNNINxRIOT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Gardein stuff.. There's this veg fast food place that serves a Gardein chicken burger, where they batter, bread and fry a Gardein patty themselves. Out of this world!

There's also a new product on the market that I like even better that Gardein called Beyond Meat. I haven't seen it in too many places, but my local Whole Foods started carrying it.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried many of the Gardien things just because they can be pricey. A store brand where I am sells products made by the same company and they aren't bad.

Beat meat replacements I've had so far is a brand called Zoglo. Their products are amazing!

It's also super easy to make your own seitan and it tastes much better than the frozen, prepackaged products out there.
  • c_loper
    c_loper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The beefless tips are amazing! I love to make faux carne asada tacos, simply marinate the tips in lime juice and salsa verde then saute up and top with some chopped onions, cilantro and avocado slices. Mmmmmm!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I really like their mandarin chicken, very tasty