INSANITY- Better for losing inches or pounds?

Hello,

I just started doing INSANITY 4 days ago and from the results I have seen on the internet people seem to lose more inches than pounds. I would love to hear from those that have done it (and were/are over weight ):

How much weight did you lose while doing INSANITY
How many inches did you lose?

Thank-you!

Replies

• AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    BUMP
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    I'm curious about this also. I've been wanting to buy Insanity for along time now, it'd be good to know this before hand.
  • I've never done insanity, but my friend has and this is based on his experiences with it. From what I know it focuses on combining both cardio and muscle building. The muscle building is not as intense as strenuous weight training but it will increase your muscle mass a bit. So in theory you should lose inches and pounds at first as you're burning your fat, but later on down the line you see a slight increase in weight as you're building some muscle. This is true for many intense workouts.
  • I love insanity. I just started using it too. If your interested in buying it, I can tell you where I bought mine for 60.00 and it's brand new.
  • I got mine for $60 too, new in the box off of craigslist
  • Ladycard26
    Ladycard26 Posts: 9 Member
    I am interested in trying Insanity, where did you buy it for $60??
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    I've done 4 rounds of Insanity and I can't speak for everyone but in my experience, I've definitely lost more inches then lbs. I've become an ADDICT of the program. I can honestly say that I've LOVED my results! I've lost countless inches off my arms, hips, thighs and especially around the middle which was my problem area. I love SHAUN T! lol
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    bump
  • adammccrady
    adammccrady Posts: 99 Member
    I'd definitely have to say that Insanity burns the inches more so than the weight. My wife and I both experienced this! It's a great program though that seriously transforms your body, physically and mentally!

Anyone that wants to start a round of INSANITY on 12/26 is welcome to join my support group on MFP...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1436-insanity-another-round-starts-12-26-11

Good luck!
  • I don't know why but I am losing POUNDS more than INCHES :(

I have of course lost a few inches however but I just thought by now I would have lost more inches after hearing everyone else's results and I am sorta frustrated. I started at 168 on June 17th and now am at 154 today!! I am on week 1 of Month 2 of Insanity. (I skipped the recovery week, OOPS!!)

The first month I lost 13 pounds!! Which I was thrilled about however I have only lost 1 inch on my calves, thighs and waist and have not even gone down a pant size yet!

My stomach looks pretty flat but I have always carried the majority of my weight in my thighs and legs and I am really hoping more inches come off my thighs/legs soon! Trying to keep positive that it will!

To those who have completed Insanity, do you think you had more weight come off in month 1 or month 2?? :)