56 lbs down with pics (pcos)

Options
shabbychick81
shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
Hello everyone. I have lost and gained weight so many times i can't count. Last year i had a turning point in my life. i was 31, i has 250lbs, i hurt in my joints, i was losing hair, i had major anxiety, i had major mood swings, and i had pcos. I knew my husband and children didn't deserve a wife/mom who would hardly get out of bed, who was scared of everything, and who was grouchy all the time. SO.... i started looking up each of my symptoms and i found out that women with pcos who gave up gluten did very well will their symptoms...... I kept telling myself no! I can't give up my favorite foods so i would search again and there it was, Paleo/ primal. I said ok i will try it. So on November the 15th, my 31st birthday i started this new life. I am so glad i did. I am a new person! i haven't felt like this in years. My hubby and kids are so happy with my results, they eat this way too. I never even asked them, they just like REAL FOOD! here is a pic of me in December 2012 and one of me now
paleojuly2013_zps6391f3f9.jpg

Replies

• smw1023
    smw1023 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! You look 10 years younger!
  • ev0318
    ev0318 Posts: 3
    Options
    GO YOU!

I also have PCOS and some days it really feels like you're battling evil! Congrats on taking control of your life for you and your family! :)
  • cns94
    cns94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too (we discovered this from the doctors finding ovarian cancer when I was 14) and I understand how hard it can be to lose weight. Our bodies are so much different than everyone else's but all it takes is a little bit more work & dedication. Congratulations to you! You should be incredibly proud of what you've accomplished. :) You look absolutely great.
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    Thanks so much! yes, it is a battle, people rarely realize how much hard it is to lose with pcos. Be proud of every ounce lost!
    I have PCOS too (we discovered this from the doctors finding ovarian cancer when I was 14) and I understand how hard it can be to lose weight. Our bodies are so much different than everyone else's but all it takes is a little bit more work & dedication. Congratulations to you! You should be incredibly proud of what you've accomplished. :) You look absolutely great.
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    I feel evil sometimes, and it makes me sad. I am controlling mood swings so much better now. I wish you the best also

GO YOU!

I also have PCOS and some days it really feels like you're battling evil! Congrats on taking control of your life for you and your family! :)
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    Thanks! i feel so much younger. That is something else i for get to add, my skin is so much better than it has been in the past.
    Beautiful! You look 10 years younger!
  • javadazed
    javadazed Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look happier and healthier...great job!!!
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    Thank you . i feel so much happier .
    You look happier and healthier...great job!!!
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    My diary is open for those who want to see
  • Thefivelees
    Thefivelees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My daughter suffers with PCOS and has never been successful with losing weight. I will look into your diet for her.
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    here is a great starting place http://robbwolf.com/2011/05/30/real-life-testimonial-paleo-for-pcos-infertility/

My daughter suffers with PCOS and has never been successful with losing weight. I will look into your diet for her.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful. I'm so happy you feel good.
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    Thank you!!! You made my day!!
    You're beautiful. I'm so happy you feel good.
  • dawndm88
    dawndm88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Love to hear you've had success by going gluten free. Some people just don't get why we would think going GF is going to help anything. I had a friend who thought I was crazy but then she let me open up and tell her all the good changes I have seen since going GF and now she is on her way to doing the same!! :)
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic, well done.
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply. I know for us, everyone is skeptical, and some still are, but i know it has worked for me!
    Wow! You look amazing! Love to hear you've had success by going gluten free. Some people just don't get why we would think going GF is going to help anything. I had a friend who thought I was crazy but then she let me open up and tell her all the good changes I have seen since going GF and now she is on her way to doing the same!! :)
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    Thanks so much for your kind comment!
    Wow you look fantastic, well done.
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    BIG WOW !!!! :smile:
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Very well done! I started around the same time as you and with similar stats as you and am down 50lbs. My life has changed drastically! So awesome for you and your family!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!