Skinny Pizza recipe

Options
xomorganjc
xomorganjc Posts: 106 Member
I've been craving pizza... but the calories in it turn me away instantly... does anyone have a lower calorie recipe to try?

Replies

• Steph_in_Mississippi
    Steph_in_Mississippi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do flatbread pizzas. According to what you like, I lightly toast my flatbread in oven, top with tomatoes, basil, garlic, grilled chicken and low fat cheese. It's my go to favorite. You can always use marinara sauce, small amount of alfredo or small amount of pesto for the sauce. Lots of options. Good luck!
  • cpego1
    cpego1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't have it, but you can look for a recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust then add some marina sauce with fresh veggies, and fresh basil...
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My pizza recipe is flavorful and calorie friendly. I'm just finishing the photo before posting my blog. I'll post a link this weekend. It is lower calorie than the cauliflower crust pizzas on mfp.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    We like a 60 cal Joseph's pita for the crust, a layer of whatever sauce you want (pesto, red sauce, whatever), a layer of spinach, a layer of cheese (we use reduced fat shredded mexican), and lots of veggies and a little protein for toppings.
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do flatbread pizzas. According to what you like, I lightly toast my flatbread in oven, top with tomatoes, basil, garlic, grilled chicken and low fat cheese. It's my go to favorite. You can always use marinara sauce, small amount of alfredo or small amount of pesto for the sauce. Lots of options. Good luck!

That sounds delicious! I'm sure making your own pizza is a lot healthier than buying one as well. That way you can manage everything that goes on it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    when I crave pizza I stick to 2 slices thin crust ..light on the cheese and the meat and loaded with veggies its not bad in cals that way
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Tessyloowhoo Posts: 504
    Options
    Sorry as i shamelessly plug my blog!!!! I have a recipe on here that you can easily modify to fit your tastes! just swap sauces and toppings.

http://tessyloowhoo.tumblr.com/post/53947061132/creamy-spinach-thin-crust-pizza-by-tessyloowhoo
  • maryrx59
    maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree, flatbread , tomato paste mixed with olive oil and Italian seasonings, fresh basil, low fat mozzarella, and any toppings you'd like. Or, Pizza Hut personal size veggie pizza (550 Cal) either way, just plan for it and log it!:flowerforyou:
  • kkdelduca
    kkdelduca Posts: 73
    Options
    I actually use english muffins for the crust, and spaghetti sauce, part skim mozz, and pepperoni. For three halves (1 1/2 english muffins) its under 500 cals. Totally satisfying. And very filling.

BTW don't use whole grain muffins, it just doesn't taste the same lol
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If you can find it, I highly recommend Stonefire Naan bread for pizza crust. It is really fantastic.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If i am really in the mood, i'll get one slice of thin crust, vegetable (no meat), pizza. I think it's about 300-400 per slice. (I know i'm weird but i can't eat more than one slice of pizza. dont' get me wrong, i can totally pig out on other things like pita, falafel, etc but not pizza).

Or - i use half a whole wheat pita, cut it opwn and place the two halves on the pan like a circle, cover with my own tomato sauce, herbs, vegs (lots of veg) and smaller amounts of good cheese (sometimes the very low fat cheese doesn't melt well). I sometimes mix in low fat (5%) feta cheese which melts nicely.