30 pounds in 3 months any tips?

Options
I am new to the message board and i am going to try to lose 30 pounds in 3 months. Does anyone have any good nutition tips or exercise tips that would help.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You will die if you starve yourself.......and..............fat loss and weight loss are two very different things.

"A smaller marshmallow is still a marshmallow"....lift weights!!!
  • valarielala
    Options
    Well, I suppose if you think about it in weeks, that is 12 weeks, and if you lost 2 pounds a week, that's 24 pounds. And, it's also possible that you'll several more pounds your first week if you're just starting and it's water weight. So. You probably won't die. Good luck! :)
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    I'd honestly say reset your expectations, and aim for a 1 to 2lb a week of fat loss.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I'd say forget weight loss, scales are stupid. Measure your body fat then concentrate on reducing it and gaining some muscle.
  • raj186
    raj186 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Let's us know how you get on!!! Agree with ditching the scales an measure up instead. Check out body for life
  • mothib79
    mothib79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    rofl, a smaller marshmallow is still a marshmallow.. LOVE IT!!
  • mothib79
    mothib79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, a good balance between cardio and strength training. Totally doable if you focus 100%
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did it. I logged EVERYTHING. Some weeks I would regain the same 2-3 pounds, but that's when I was allowing cheat weekends lol. I workout 7 days per week, running and mostly walking. My light workout days are a 2 mile walk/run. You got it, good luck = )
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    30 pounds in 3 months any tips?

Tip: Re-calibrate your goals
  • bigdw13
    bigdw13 Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks everybody!!!!!
    I will post updates
  • terrylhatcher
    terrylhatcher Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with eat clean, give yourself 100% to your goal and exercise!! I have lost 75 pounds since January! I allow myself some occasional treats but I follow the advice I gave you! You can do it if you want to!!
  • ryanosgood
    ryanosgood Posts: 28
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks...but it was quite the effort. Hired a trainer for 2 days a week, did a mix of cardio and strength training 4-5 days a week. Kept myself on a somewhat strict diet - contained to 1800-2000 calories - almost never eating back calories from exercise (and NEVER starved myself). NO alcohol, fried foods, desserts, white bread...all out the window. I continue to measure and weight everything. It's been tough...but worth the continued effort. Good luck.
  • livedb
    livedb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I just did.:bigsmile:
    Just stick to it every day.