Jillian Michael's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism Question

Options
Any of you fellow females out there around 165 lb and age 25-30 done this dvd with a heart rate monitor on?????? I'm interested in knowing how many calories it really burns!!!!!!!!

Replies

• hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it with my monitor I burnt 450 calories, but I am at 220lbs.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That's it???? Did you do all the moves???
  • hmrtym
    Options
    I did the best I could for that day. I have also been doing the 20min video and my muscles have been killing! I am going to do the 40 minute video again today and I will let you know what my monitor says.
  • cischo104
    cischo104 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did two circuits with jillian yesterday with my Heart rate monitor on for a total of 15 minutes and burned 312 calories! She is tuff! woo!
  • doodlbug
    doodlbug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm about 10lbs heavier, but I did the whole video with my monitor and I burned about 830 calories. My max heart rate was in the 180s and for most of it I was in the high 150s.
  • hmrtym
    Options
    I must have messed up my first calculation because this time my monitor says I burned 786 calories! woohoo!
  • aam_84
    Options
    How are you intereing this into your exercise log? I do the 30 day shred and just enter it as a circuit training... for 25 minutes. However I have no idea how many calories I burn.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been entering it as circuit training, but I thought that it couldn't possibly be correct since it was much more difficult than doing the elliptical and I burn so much on the elliptical. I think that mfp doesn't calculate it properly bc a lot of these dvds also use cardio to get your hr up. I'm going to log it as 650 calories bc I think that's probably closer to the true calorie burn than 500.
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred and used my HRM today, I weigh 159 and burned approx 250cals on level 1