Have you ever had an embarrassing fitness moment?

Options

Replies

• chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Once I was running on a treadmill on a gym, and the treadmill was just a step away from the water fountain. In an attempt to be efficient, I left the treadmill on, hopped off to get my sip of water and then hopped back on. However, I took a misstep getting back on and my legs flew out from under me. The story doesn't end here. I was still holding on to the handlebars, so there I was, in a gym full of people with runners on either side, Holding on the handlebars, treadmill running, and my legs flapping and kicking uselessly behind me. My only recourse was to let go with my hands and let my upper body and face slam onto the moving treadmill. I prepared for that and indeed let go. What I did not prepare for was when the moving treadmill then shot me back against the wall behind. It was great. No one looked at me, I assume because they were all so embarrassed for me.
  • hindalhothaly1
    Options
    @walleyclan1 ^^Omg thats so embarresing.

One time i was in the gym pool . i was a bit bored and i thought no one was watching me so i squeezed my hands together in order to get water to go shooting up (wich i couldn't) after several times trying, i saw an old women staring at me as if i was a child hahhaha
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was wearing my bf old pjs while lifting. Went into a full squat and they ripped, revealing my black thong I was rocking. My butt was facing the mirror that a bunch of guys were lifting it. I know the girl behind me got to see ;)
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yeah...my body is an embarrassing, poor excuse for fitness. :laugh:
  • VeganCeliac
    Options
    I was doing hand-stand push-ups and my coach was holding my feet. The strain caused me to, well, fart right in her face. Ha ha!
  • vanessadsilva
    Options
    i was jogging my way early morning at the park ,listening to music , i didn't notice some greasy stuff on the road and stepped on it , balanced myself for some seconds but then slipped exactly how a cartoon character would slip on a banana skin..right on my butt :P
    I got up...sat on the pavement looked around it anyone saw me..just a few people around..who didn't notice ..phew!!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

American Psycho. Good movie.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I went to the gym, got on the rowing machine and after 10 minutes noticed I was wearing furry leg warmers (I hadn't shaved my legs for a looong time!) I decided to get off the rowing machine and hide away on the elliptical in the corner. (I'd paid my money, I was NOT going home) I got on the elliptical and started running furiously, as if I could run away from my shame...then I farted..loudly... :blushing: Not one of my finer moments.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    popped a pretty good broner at the gym a few days ago. Had to chill on the row machine for a bit I know this one chick noticed cause she kept starin at me.
  • BeastnIron
    BeastnIron Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Shorts were really thing and when i got out the hot tub you can see the whole print lol
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    there is nothing like doing dead lifts with ahh lets say some extra blood flow happening in certain areas in the body.:blushing:...lets just say I was lifting with two bars.
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    In my mid-twenties I was addicted to aerobics classes and usually stood at the front of the class. During one session we were all jumping to the music when my prosthetic breast leapt out of my bra and t-shirt and onto the floor! I calmly picked it up stuffed it back where it belonged and regained the tempo!! :laugh:
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    i farted doing leg press a couple months back. does it count if i didnt give a ****? (what i did there...do you see it?)

I did, and you owe me a cup of coffee. :P
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm a hot mess in the gym and I generally don't give a rat's scaly tail. But this past week, for the first time in 4 1/2 years, I tripped on the treadmill and almost went down. ALMOST. I hit a dizzy spell cuz of the heat, and missed grabbing the handrail and stepped off the side so one foot was moving and one wasn't. The two older ladies next to me came over to make sure I was ok. I was, til I got home and found I tore up my toes. :P

And - one of the side effects of going through grief and depression is that you lose your ever loving mind. So invariably, once a week, I'll forget to pack something in my gym bag. I've had to work out without socks (cuz it's summer, sandal season!), normal undies instead of my beloved compression ones, etc. Yeah - one day I forgot a gym shirt. Fortunately, I had a camisole under a white blouse, so I ended up working out in that over my sports bra. I texted my trainer and told him I wasn't leaving the women's only area and that he'd have to come back to find me. Don't you just know he wouldn't let me do that and we worked out as per normal, and yeah - I made a few jaws drop.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    running on the treadmill with my ipod in the middle holder. In a packed gym room at planet fitness the ipod fell out of the holder while i was in mid run. i stupidly decided to try and stop and pick it up.

yep, fell straight down onto my face and the treadmill shot me off. needless to say that was the last time I thought I was too cool to use that auto stop wristband for safety purposes.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Making bubbles in the pool is always embarrassing. I have farted, burped, nearly drowned from catching a wave while breathing...but I keep swimming.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Ummm, I was walking backwards on the treadmill once and fell off, I am NOT graceful at all. Luckily I laugh at myself often.
    c653dbb8d19d2b32830024d771441b65-treadmill-disaster_zps5189c3b4.gif
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Never crapped myself BUT!! I release MASSIVE farts while doing Yoga, not regular farts but Protein/Dog/ Cow Dung smelling farts lol
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I once was running on a treadmill at the Olympic stadium in Toronto and my water bottle fell...I casually decided to bend down and pick it up....lol...went flying like the girl on JustAmyDawn's video....gosh what was I thinking...lol....the place was packed, of course...soooo embarrassed...One of the guys that came to help said...'ah...at least I am not the only one that does stupid things like that'...lol...yeah, made me feel sooo much better!!!...