Anyone know any good hunger suppressants?

Options

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Food works for me.j/s

8488541.png
  • VeganCeliac
    Options
    Food.

Seriously, why even post this?
  • ShyClo95
    ShyClo95 Posts: 3
    Options
    Today, I drank 8 glasses of water & ate ALL healthy food. I consumed just above 1200 calories & I wasn't hungry. I'm assuming that I wasn't hungry because I drank all that water. It really suppresses my appetite.
  • jimbob2010
    jimbob2010 Posts: 15
    Options
    housework i tend to find cleaning other people's houses 5/6 a day helps no time to think about eating lol
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    People have already said it, but for me anything high in protein and/or fat works like a charm. Like steak. Seriously, eat a steak and you'll be good for hours.

Other things that help keep me feeling full: avocado, nuts, milk (2% usually), quinoa, and eggs.

Certain high-carb foods also make me feel full and keep me satisfied, like oatmeal and grits. Bananas, too.

If you're consistently feeling hungry, you should look into that. You don't have to starve to lose weight. Make sure you're eating above your BMR. If you're pretty active, and it sounds like you are, then 1400 could be a bit low. Check it out! You might find that you can eat more and still lose consistently.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    food, in general, suppresses hunger.
    more specifically, fiber, fat, and protein - not necessarily in that order

^^^ this

if you're eating at a sensible deficit (i.e. enough to fuel your body, but still less than you burn off so you lose fat), you may feel a little hungry from time to time, that's just how it is. However extreme hunger and obsessing about food all the time is usually a sign that you're not eating enough. Recalculate your calories, and be honest with yourself about your activity factor. If you are active, then put that as your activity factor. there's nothing to be gained from eating too little, doing that tends to result in big drops in scale weight (which won't all be fat), then a plateau, and in many cases regaining the weight again when you go back to eating a normal amount of food. Taking fat loss more slowly by eating more means that although the weight loss is slower, it's much more likely to be pure fat that you're losing. You don't feel starved/deprived all the time, so you find it easier to stick to it in the long term. You may take longer to get there, but you're far more likely to be able to maintain your goal weight for life, which is what the vast majority of people really want. So it's definitely worth reviewing your calories and seeing how much you can eat and still lose weight, then you won't feel so hungry all the time.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    chew gum, drink a cup of artificially sweetened drink.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Food.

because excessive hunger is usually caused by eating too little. you don't have to be starving hungry 24/7 to lose weight.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Vanilla scent
    Cinnamon on the tongue

Smell ANYTHING vanilla... it will trick you into thinking you have eaten something sweet
  • karahunts
    karahunts Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Apples I promise you!!!! i eat when bored but if i have an apple especially when I eat one that is sliced instead of whole....i am stuffed for hours it is so weird....this will work.....eat gala apples, they're yummy:)
  • Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you have a mentos sweet or a peppermint when you feel hungry... It stops the cravings!
    I guess that's why they call them life savers! :))
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For me it's coffee with unsweetened soymilk in the morning! Cut out diet sodas, sugarfree gum, and anything artificially sweet and you'll see your cravings go waaay down.
    I also love to keep cucumbers on hand because I have a veggie shredded that turns it into long strips, then I can marinate it in soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, basil and balsamic vinegar, etc! Keep lots of watery fruits and veggies around so you can fill your belly with them, then have the calorie-dense stuff after! It's a great strategy to trick your body into thinking you filled up on steak/pasta/etc when actually it's mostly fiber.:)

When your cravings hit, don't go for compact calories like trail mix, pb, bread, etc. Instead blend up a fruit smoothie with fruit, ice, and stevia (until your taste buds get used to having less sugar), and it will fill you up for hours so you won't grab the food that made you gain weight in the first place.

I hope I could help!
  • mp_deep
    mp_deep Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can eat God Sugar ( Fruit ).
    The fibers increase the feeling of satiety.
    In any case it take some time for your body to adapt to the new scenario.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cooked green beans, cooked carrots and cooked brokkoli. Seriously, one piece fills me up so much it's crazy. Could eat them all day and be stuffed while eating super little calories: But then my body craves all the stuff it's been missing out, so just some general advice of 'hunger suppressants'- don't over do it. Stop the random cravings, not the actual hunger which is your body telling you that there is need for something. :) I hope this is somewhat helpful
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have read this whole thread, and I agree with *most* of what was said. #1 I love coffee. Black, in the a.m. My body is not hungry, even two hours after I wake up. I know, you are supposed to eat right away to rev up your metabolism (according to studies:wink: but I just can't.#2 Also, water, water, water. Soo good for you. #3 protein. Good protein does really help. #4 exercize. If I eat too much before a workout, I feel sick. So, a small protein meal, like a half piece of toest with 1 tbsp peanut butter. Good as gold. Lol. :happy:
  • VeganCeliac
    Options
    Food.

because excessive hunger is usually caused by eating too little. you don't have to be starving hungry 24/7 to lose weight.

Like, duh. But that is obviously not the information the person asking this questions was looking for. Pretty sure that most people are already aware that eating will relieve hunger. Also pretty sure that when someone posts a question about suppressing appetite in a diet and weight loss forum that they are wanting to do so in order to be able to eat less. Just a guess.
  • VeganCeliac
    Options
    Food.

Now maybe if you wanted to list some specific foods that might be helpful.
  • VeganCeliac
    Options
    Apparently someone deleted my post about 5-HTP. Granted, this is my very first day here so maybe I am missing some rule, but what is wrong with 5-HTP? It's a natural amino acid that they sell at health food stores to help with depression and insomnia. It also decreases appetite in some people. If there is something wrong with my post, please tell me.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I find eating more protein helps. Not eating foods that cause insulin spikes helps too.

Protein causes insulin spikes, so how can you eat more protein, while at the same time not eating foods that cause insulin spikes?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting. Read the FAQs in the IF group here or Google it.

There also are prescription suppressants but you usually have to be morbidly obese for a doctor to give you one.