Beach Body 10 Minute Trainer

Options
:smokin:

I just received my Beach Body 10 Minute Trainer and am planning to start on Monday, July 15. Has anybody used it and if so, what opinions or advice can you offer me?

I plan to run my first marathon next year in March at Little Rock and I want to be overall strong so I can complete it. I've run two half marathons and will run another half in October, but I was truly exhausted and suffering upon completion.

Thanks for any input from the wonderful MFP community!

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You need endurance training
  • grannynickel
    grannynickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You need endurance training

Do you have any suggestions for me? I run 3+ miles 5 days a weeks. I'm trying to get stronger so I can move beyond that.
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    :smokin:

I just received my Beach Body 10 Minute Trainer and am planning to start on Monday, July 15. Has anybody used it and if so, what opinions or advice can you offer me?

I plan to run my first marathon next year in March at Little Rock and I want to be overall strong so I can complete it. I've run two half marathons and will run another half in October, but I was truly exhausted and suffering upon completion.

Thanks for any input from the wonderful MFP community!

I love 10 minute trainer and it is my go to work out when I feel I am really busy and want to make sure I get the most for my time. I am going to start it again as I start to officially get the biking in I need for doing a 5 day bike ride on the C&O canal in September. I had great results using this for 90 day 2 years ago. It hits every muscle!!!
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump...would like to hear about opinions of 10 min trainer
  • icandoit63
    Options
    day 3/30 and I still can't believe the sweat I get from cardio in just 10 minutes!!
  • icandoit63
    Options
    day 15/30 10 minute trainer.every morning.... no reason not to exercise
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Make sure to do the warm up and cool down. I'm not much for 10 minute trainer, but it is nice when I don't know how much time I have to work out. You can basically just stack the 10 minute workouts, so if I have between 15 and 45 minutes I can do 1-3 workouts.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Do you have any suggestions for me? I run 3+ miles 5 days a weeks. I'm trying to get stronger so I can move beyond that.
    The only way you'll get better at running long distances is to run long distances!

Find a beginner's marathon training programme that suits you to gradually build up your mileage. Two favourites are Hal Higdon and Jeff Galloway, who uses walk breaks and often has people finishing faster.

To increase your distance during your weekend runs, go slow. Now slower than that. EVEN SLOWER! Once you have the endurance, the speed will come. If you can't drop the speedwork altogether, you can make it the focus of a short midweek run, with, say, intervals, fartlek or hills, if you want.

As you run further, you might actually want to reduce your running sessions to three or four a week. With a bit more rest, you'll be more fully recovered and might find increasing your distance easier.

For resistance training, Google runner-specific exercises to help prevent injury. Runner's World has some good ones.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    30/30 days of 10 minute trainer completed...alternating between cardio and lower body workout...more than anything I got up every morning at 430 and did it before work....
  • icandoit63
    Options
    BacK to TMT started yesterday, going to do it daily and start P90X3 in March. March 12th to be exact on my 51st birthday....getting into condition. I been faithfull with cardio but not weights or strengthening ..This will help.....:flowerforyou: