Have you ever had an embarrassing fitness moment?

Options

Replies

• beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    farted doing sit-ups....
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a few.
    1) I got to zumba class way late so I took a spot in the front, there was a move where you slide your hands up your body over the face and back down. I jumped induring the middle of this move.

Forgot to take my rings off.. and it must have flipped around to the inside of my hand. As I gracefully slid my hand over my face. the huge fake diamond remove a chunk of skin out of my forehead. It did not hurt.

So I kept in shaking my booty... I was hot and felt what I thought was sweat running down my face. It turned out to be blood all over my shirt, face and hand.
    I was bleeding for a good 5 minutes before I noticed it. I ran to the bathromm. Never to return to Zumba.

I now have 3 inch scar in the middle of my head.

2) after figuring out cardio wasn't my forte. I took up lifting.
    After really good session I was proud of myself of what I've accomplished for that day. I was walking between some equipment did not see the fan cord, my foot caught it. Attempt to catch myself I grabbed ahold of the tall oscillating fan. Somewhere the back of my head I thought "hey this will support me"
    Dead wrong.
    I fell on top of it busting into about a million pieces. Everybody the gym to stopped looked at me and started laughing.

Thankfully that one did not leave a scar just a bruised pride.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When I'm out cycling, I'm engrossed in my music and totally in the zone... not easily embarrassed but I should be for some of the things I've done...
    I'll ride through a mud puddle in a heartbeat if I have to. The downside is when I stop at the grocery store on the way home and don't realize that I'm sporting a massive brown splatter on my behind that looks dangerously like I lost control down there.
    Sinuses were draining and I had to spit while I was riding. Did it right in front of some walkers and didn't care about that but then I failed to put enough force into it and spat all over my own shoulder (icky, gummy, sinus drainage spit - ewwww!!).
    Have been caught singing a few lines or talking to myself on too many occasions.
    Gears slipped on the bike one time and I went from happily pedaling to flopping down hard onto the seat as my foot collapsed beneath me. My bike is tall and I am not so this ended up in me practically falling to the ground before I ever even got started.
    Fun times :)
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For me, at the age of 16 I was on a rowing machine and speaking to a fellow gym member next to me while rowing then next thing you know my hands slip with the handle smashing into the main fan area breaking the chain in the process - i think that was my last time at the gym! ????

For my brother, he ran on a treadmill till he was exhausted and sort of ricocheted off it but the forward momentum made him dash forward back on it... Safe to say he got gunned back out by the treadmill!
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    was it more embarrassing than this guy's embarrassing moment?

*warning* gif is a pic of a guy who crapped himself running a marathon.

http://heisdnast.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/marathon.gif

oh my god, i just clicked the link... the poor guy :-(
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Fell off the elliptical. Twice. In one session. Sober.
  • airforcewife1007
    airforcewife1007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fell off the elliptical. Twice. In one session. Sober.

I feel your pain! Although I only fell off once, as I was getting on to start my workout. Lucky for me there was only 2 other people in the gym, but neither seemed to care that I could have broken something lol. Got back on, and by the time I was done and back at home, I had a huge bruise on each leg :/
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I fell off the treadmill. Accidentally flipped the emergency stop switch, and that sucker is no joke.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    YES! I sweat heavy in the upper thigh area when I work out. I often look like I pee myself when I am done, but I promise you it is only sweat. Lol, but anyway, I was working out on the eliptical it was TOM for me. So, as I continue to work harder thinking to myself man I am sweating my a** off. I look down and BLOOD yes I said BLOOD was all in my crotch area. I had on gray stretch pants. So, I looked around the gym to see if anyone was looking and it seemed as if no one saw it. So, I got off the eliptical, pulled my shirt down in front as far as it could. It could not cover the area so I held my phone, keys, headphones in front of me until I got into my car. That was the only time I never wiped the machine down. Now, I only wear black pants when working out lol.
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    One time this girl was on an exercise bike and when she got up I went over to smell her seat.....but then she came back and saw me doing it. That was awkward and kind of embarassing.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :noway:

PEOPLE DO THIS?

You need serious help, man. And I work in a mental hospital.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Once for some awful reason I thought I just had to put the weights on the bar and bench press without things to lock them because they were so light (5 pounds). So I did just that and they flew off and almost hit a guy! I left quickly after that and never came back!

Now I'm in a better gym and always lock them even if its 2 1/2 pounds (which I still use on a regular basis LOL)
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Im thinking its a joke. If you look at his profile picture its a dog which makes it funny. I sure hope I'm correct on this!
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    One time this girl was on an exercise bike and when she got up I went over to smell her seat.....but then she came back and saw me doing it. That was awkward and kind of embarassing.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :noway:

PEOPLE DO THIS?

You need serious help, man. And I work in a mental hospital.

I'm thinking its a joke. If you look at his profile picture its a dog which makes it funny. I sure hope I'm correct on this!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Me lift heavy weights that i cant lift doing only one rep or nothing but failure and jogging when my ankle or knee really hurts
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I was riding my bike one evening and admiring the full moon and how it reflected so prettily off the river... until I crashed into a chain link fence. There were a lot of people out on the path that night. Luckily, the only thing wounded was my pride (and a couple of bruises, nothing serious).
  • pmudda
    pmudda Posts: 1
    Options
    I sharted
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    And - one of the side effects of going through grief and depression is that you lose your ever loving mind. So invariably, once a week, I'll forget to pack something in my gym bag. I've had to work out without socks (cuz it's summer, sandal season!), normal undies instead of my beloved compression ones, etc.

I've never met anyone that had special exercise underpants. I thought women just went commando to avoid panty lines? I also figured that was why the capri tights were so popular as they pretty much demand that you wear them sans undies.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were running on the treadmills in the gym one night. I was deep in thought (as you do when running) but I think I was that deep I actually forgot what I was doing! One minute I was running and the next I flew back off the treadmill and onto the floor! My friend says I just stopped running. Lol. I cut the two knees off myself and ripped the knees right out of my trousers :( I was absolutely mortified. I have two massive scars covering my knees :blushing: Oops!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i snort-laughed reading many of these! fantastic way to wake up :flowerforyou:

i tend to drag my feet when i walk, so i randomly stumble and trip just walking around the gym. a couple weeks ago i had a really close call of almost eating it on the treadmill.

nothing super bad has happened to me.... yet *knock on wood*