Sweet NSV

Options
AmberleyAngel
AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
Hi everyone.

I've had lots of small non scale victories along my journey, but one of the most important ones has just been achieved.

Back in late September 2012 I was admitted to hospital and had blood sugar levels in the diabetic coma range. Bang! A new diagnosis as a diabetic and put on insulin injections.

Through my journey of diet and exercise I have been able to gradually reduce the dose of insulin required. Until yesterday. As of yesterday I no longer require any insulin injections. So glad not to have to jab myself in the stomach anymore. :wink:

To anyone else out there working through this issue; keep at it. May your journey be as successful as mine.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't have this issue. But, I can certainly appreciate and respect how huge this milestone is for you. Keep on going. Just keep on doing what you're doing. You're awesome. Heck, I'm proud just to comment on your post.
  • AmberleyAngel
    Options
    Thank you for the sweet comment, Brett. :smile:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Wow, that rocks, The D word is not to be spoken in my family, my uncle has lost both feet, and spent the better part of this month in the hospital because of it. Way to beat it, nicely done.

Rigger
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg....I too knocked out Diabetes.....nice job!
  • AmberleyAngel
    Options
    Awww, so sorry about your uncle, Rigger. It's such a horrible thing. My aunt passed away 3 years ago from diabetes complications.

Mya - congrats to you, too.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've already told you how happy for you my friend but I just wanted to add I just told my MIL about your success so she can see what's possible as she has diabetes too. Keep up the great work, happy to see you through to goal.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have Gestational Diabetes right now, so I'm working hard to keep the carbs down and my blood sugars within range. Have you switched to a medication or are you completely off medication now?
  • AmberleyAngel
    Options
    Thanks mockchoc. :flowerforyou: Hope your MIL can improve her diabetes.

Oishii - I am still on Metformin (1 tablet twice a day, of which I usually forget to take the evening one) but hope to come off that eventually, too. Best wishes for you, too. :smile:
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Fan-freaking-tastick! Keep up the awesomeness!
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    such an amazing goal. While I've never been diabetic, I know it runs through my father's side of the family and that I was largely a ticking time bomb for getting it. I'd yet to hit the point where my doctors were overly concerned with my blood work, but I hope to drastically reduce my chances through eating better and taking control of my life.

I'm so proud of you for achieving this incredible NSV! You really are an amazing inspiration :)
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, this is my dream also and hope in time to achieve this.
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome - well done!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Excellent news. Just goes to show that as I heard from a physician: "There are no medical conditions improved by obesity".
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • beelikethebug1116
    beelikethebug1116 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is seriously amazing. Congrats! :-)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow that's amazing!
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I've had lots of small non scale victories along my journey, but one of the most important ones has just been achieved.

Back in late September 2012 I was admitted to hospital and had blood sugar levels in the diabetic coma range. Bang! A new diagnosis as a diabetic and put on insulin injections.

Through my journey of diet and exercise I have been able to gradually reduce the dose of insulin required. Until yesterday. As of yesterday I no longer require any insulin injections. So glad not to have to jab myself in the stomach anymore. :wink:

To anyone else out there working through this issue; keep at it. May your journey be as successful as mine.

:bigsmile:

Fantastic stuff man, my mum has type 1 diabetes and so does my beautiful little niece, its so heartening to hear someone come through this and regain control again without the need of bloody needles! i'm so chuffed for you

tumblr_lx8byfsShd1qhdbjo.gif
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! Very well done :flowerforyou:
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Good for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!