Sugars in fruit

Options
So it says on my phone app when im recording the foods i have ate that day, that i should only be eating 25g of sugar. But what confuses me is there is alot of sugar in fruit and its encouraged that we eat this??? Its hard to keep under 25g sugar a day even if you arnt eating fruit?!??

Thanks,

Shezan

Replies

• morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Personally, I get over the sugar "quota" daily because I eat fruit. And since I will so not deny myself of bananas, apples, strawberries and all the rest of the package, I sort of ignore the figures in red...
  • tarakizer
    tarakizer Posts: 52
    Options
    I ignore the sugar value as well. It's added sugars that matter, so you'd have to subtract off all of the okay sugars from fruits. Wish MFP would do this for us, but then it would need to add a category to each food item so that would probably be too complex.

So just ignore it if the reason why it's "in the red" is because of fruit.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1017237-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-faq

If you wanted a total daily limit 90 grams might be better than MFP's "added sugars" number.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    so in tracking our MFP food for the day, if we left off the fruit we eat, will that be a good idea or a bad idea
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I eat bunch of fruits every day and I'm shredded as fuxk! !
    Stop struggling with fructose everybody! Raw food will only help fat loss!!
    Just look at calories maybe. Remember that raw foods like fruit are hard anyway to be used by your body so no worries ;)
    So if you are hungry just grab a fruit