Stupid Skinny, be careful what you wish with for!

Options
Throughout out my teenage and adult years I have been ruthless to my body, abuse would be an understatement. From fad dieting, to laxatives to becoming an anorexic, yup, been there done it all. My big NSV was quitting smoking at the beginning of 2013, yay me, right? Nope! I rapidly gained 12 pounds and my sicko little brain said too fat. So I pulled out all the stops, eating 900 calories daily, working out 90 minutes everyday, everything that I know on how to lose weight for me, hey I know its not healthy or right and it is advise I share with no one, it is however, the way I have been doing it for 20 years. Although I did all of me normal weight fix its, my weight didn't budge, hmmm. Although I was frustrated, my spouse said how sexy I look and how happy he was with the new found boobs, so I finally had my aha moment, I looked in the mirror and said "damn girl, you have curves and look at those boobs!".
I have not been feeling well and finally made an appointment, and although I thought I was finally the picture of health, my doc gave me no good news. My thyroid went all hypo on me, I am actually great with that news but I do believe in some funny way this is my body flipping my brain off, haha, you win body!
So skip a day or two, I had an ultrasound of my pelvic area, lady trouble ya know, my doc called on Friday (thanks wizard) and over the phone gave me the news that I have Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer and to have a wonderful weekend because my life is truly about to begin.

If you take anything from this, let it be that your body is your temple and you only have one shot. Live life, love life, be kind to strangers, smile often and kiss your family every chance you get. With love, April xoxoxoxo

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Throughout out my teenage and adult years I have been ruthless to my body, abuse would be an understatement. From fad dieting, to laxatives to becoming an anorexic, yup, been there done it all. My big NSV was quitting smoking at the beginning of 2013, yay me, right? Nope! I rapidly gained 12 pounds and my sicko little brain said too fat. So I pulled out all the stops, eating 900 calories daily, working out 90 minutes everyday, everything that I know on how to lose weight for me, hey I know its not healthy or right and it is advise I share with no one, it is however, the way I have been doing it for 20 years. Although I did all of me normal weight fix its, my weight didn't budge, hmmm. Although I was frustrated, my spouse said how sexy I look and how happy he was with the new found boobs, so I finally had my aha moment, I looked in the mirror and said "damn girl, you have curves and look at those boobs!".
    I have not been feeling well and finally made an appointment, and although I thought I was finally the picture of health, my doc gave me no good news. My thyroid went all hypo on me, I am actually great with that news but I do believe in some funny way this is my body flipping my brain off, haha, you win body!
    So skip a day or two, I had an ultrasound of my pelvic area, lady trouble ya know, my doc called on Friday (thanks wizard) and over the phone gave me the news that I have Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer and to have a wonderful weekend because my life is truly about to begin.

If you take anything from this, let it be that your body is your temple and you only have one shot. Live life, love life, be kind to strangers, smile often and kiss your family every chance you get. With love, April xoxoxoxo

Sorry to hear about you bad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.
  • Courtneay10
    Options
    My prayers are with you, continue to love this newfound skin you are in, and treat your body great..... Taking care of yourself physically and mentally is honestly a way alot of people placed their cancer in remission or cured it.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family through out this challenging time
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your diagnoses. I am glad you shared your story so others can see how an obsession to be skinny can turn unhealthy. T&P for you.

Eta: the cancer may have been unrelated to the dieting... I realize that.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear this! I hope that you continue with strength and determination, pushing forward with all that you have.

My thoughts are with you.
  • Lisaraige
    Lisaraige Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your news! I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last year and have had 4 surgeries, 8 rounds of chemo , 34 rounds of radiation, and am now on a hormonal pill for the next 5-10 years. 31 and in menopause-yikes! Cancer sucks, and I am so sorry you have to go through this.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thank you for sharing your story as I know there are many people on here ( me for example ) who have also tried or are trying the methods you had used in the past.

Stay strong, and thank you. x
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you all, the reality of all my poor choices roles out to the fact that I do not want to die, not today not tomorrow and I will do whatever it takes to be healthy, happy and most of all be the winner in this. I'm in a weird phase right at this time, denial, it sucks!
  • mrsway2004
    Options
    Sorry to hear this........You sound so strong, hang on to your strength.
  • Kicker12
    Kicker12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear your news. I wish you strength and courage on your journey to full health.
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your diagnoses. Thank you so much for reaching out to warn others. Thoughts and prayers go with you as enter this battle!
  • poofycat
    poofycat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I m so sorry...I will keep you in my prayers. Continue to focus on getting healthy and having a positive attitude. Hugs to you.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and story.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Hugs hugs hugs.

I had ovarian cancer 15 years ago, and here i am. I went through surgery and chemo and it was hell on earth but I am a fighter and here i am.

I did not give up. I got through it. You will get through it.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    i am so sorry to hear this.Sending prayers your way
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your very bad news ,research research. Diet is key !!!!! Hallelujah Acres or dr fuhrmans plant based diet. Eat to live eat for health . The china study ......my thoughts and prayers are with you .
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Oh no; so sorry!

Something like this really puts things like pounds lost or gained into perspective, doesn't it?
  • inkwithgold
    inkwithgold Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to read about your diagnosis! My thoughts are with you during this difficult time, and my prayers go out to you for remission/recovery.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear you news! Thoughts and prayers sent to you and keep up that fantastic attitude you seem to! Blessings!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. You know you are a strong person, dont ever think otherwise

Thank you for posting this. I have struggled with eating disorders and was kind of a wake up call for me