Tips for Pizza eating

Options

Replies

• JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I suppose if you want tips for eating a pizza, don't eat the crust. Has a lot of starch....
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I make homemade pizza, which has less calories by far. Instead of like 200-300cals/slice eating out, i can make an entire pizza sized pizza (not a tiny one) for like 800 cals or less. homemade garlic dough, spinach, feta and mozarella. SO delicious, and low cal! and you can eat the entire thing and not feel guilty.

could you share the recipe from the garlic dough?
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian (pineapple and ham) from papa murphy's. 2 slices is within range. The other good news, you have left overs :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    You can eat any pizza and make it fit your goal and macros. The key is portion control!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Neapolitan
    IMG_3544.JPG
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Anytime i want to eat a pizza, i usually eat it on a cheat day where i don't care. But if i want to fit it into macros, i'll just eat accordingly. I'll eat low calorie snacks or just high protein foods, and save calories for pizza, which is usually high carb, somewhat high fat, somewhat high protein. Then just base how much you eat on what you plan on eating the rest of the day. If i'm content with just eating a whole pizza, i'll do that. If i want to eat something else to finish out the day, i'll only have so many slices leaving calories for what i plan on eating later. It's just about calorie management.
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Dominos has a gluten free crust that knocks off 70 calories from the crust alone! Check out their website, there a pizza builder that will tell you what the nutritional value is based on the crust, sauce and toppings you choose.
  • Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My tip for eating pizza??? Just eat it. One slice, do it and be done.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    This!
    My son always wants pizza (he's 9). I get half loaded with veggies, limit myself to 1 slice and then fill up on salad along with it. Win win.. he's happy, I have a little pizza and I haven't totally blown the day! :bigsmile:
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've started to make my own pizzas so I can see how much sauce / cheese / etc gets added on as toppings. A friend sent me a simple whole wheat dough recipe and my entire family loves it. We don't bother with ordering pizza out anymore. :)
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Whats the best pizza to get in a pinch and still stay in your diet range?

ANY pizza is in your range as long as you have the calories for it...
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Lots of good tips, I'm taking notes.

I had a personal pizza today. it was pepperoni. I was concerned about the sodium so I took off the pepperoni and substituted broccoli. I weighed the pepperoni (= 1 oz) ran the numbers on mfp and using that data I deducted 480 mg of sodium.

You did this wrong. Don't sub broccoli for pepperoni. Sub broccoli for the crust (along with cheese and egg to hold it together). Then you can eat large quantities of it without fear.
  • Tiramisu1
    Tiramisu1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please post the recipe...I'd love to try this. :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The best tip for pizza is to insert into mouth, chew, and swallow. Repeat until gone.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Home Run Inn Ultra Thin Cheese pizza (280 calories for individual size). I add italian seasoning, my kids add turkey pepperoni. We use baking instructions, not the microwave. Very tasty!
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My advice is don't eat the pizza. But invite me along when you order and I will eat the pizza. Mmmm...pizza.
  • Chlochloeaway
    Options
    You can eat any pizza and make it fit your goal and macros. The key is portion control!

This :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I don't like portion control. I'd rather more for less calories so I get a thin crust with lots of different veggies and garlic, no meat except maybe anchovies and a sprinkling of fetta instead of all that mozarella.
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Definately true!! Although I would stick to mom and lime the plague pop joints or make your own...avoid chain piazza places like dominoes or piazza hut