UK Bloke with 10 stone to lose

Options
Hi All

I started doing Diet Chef yesterday and I have also joined Virgin gym in Derby in my quest to get down to my BMI.

I am currently 22 st 13lb after losing 2lb this morning after my first day of diet chef!!!

I'm loving the food so far and have not been too hungry which I was worried about.

I have signed upto myfitnesspal after my wife found the site (she is dieting with me) its a fabulous resource I especially like the food diary and the iphone app.

Fingers crossed that I can keep up the good work - I need to as I have high blood pressure which I would like to lower (I am on tablets for it). It would improve my energy levels and my looks so I know its just down to dedication now.

Replies

• nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We can do it!!!!! With the help of sites like this, Diet Chef and the lessons being learnt from both...... and very importantly EACH OTHER'S support....... bring it on!!!!
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good luck fella! I'm in a similar situation, but started at 24st4 - now down to 18st after eight hard months. It can be done :)
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Welcome - you will not regret being here -
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome you will get tons of support on here its a fab site best I have ever been on ...and there have been a few lol
  • sawshedges
    Options
    Hello and welcome from South Yorkshire.
    This site is good value for money (ie, nowt) and it's got some good info as well.
    Small goals equals big gains.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Small world - I work in Derby. Welcome to you both :flowerforyou:

It's great that you joined together, you'll be able to keep each other on track. Come and find us on Team Uk if you like: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117344-team-uk-september10
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    I have just joined to
    I am in London. I have had a really warm welcome and there are loads of great stuff to check out.
    Food diary is brilliant.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    At least 10stone has not stopped you strutting your stuff on the dance floor!! :laugh: Love the pic!!

Good luck to you. Its great here - no pies allowed!! :laugh: :wink:
  • lynn1985
    Options
    Good luck getting to your target - try not to get to disheartened if you have a bad day. We all have them sometimes!!:smile:
  • jennidc
    Options
    Its day 4 of the diet today - so far I have lost 4.5 pounds (my sig can't cope with half's but rounds up - which is nice)
    in 3 days so that is fab.

I've got a real test today as I'm on night shift.

Going to try being good by taking loads of fruit and having a healthy salad and roll at about 1am as my extra meal.

I have done 2 half hour walks this morning to earn me some extra bonus calories to see me through the night. Once the 1st night shift is out the way I should be ok as I can then stick to my plan.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    and planning is the key!!!! How about adding the food you are "thinking" of taking with you for your 12 hour shift into your food diary so you can see the impact of what you take? You can always delete it if you choose not to to take it!!!! ;-)
  • jennidc
    Options
    Just done that and I still have 433 calories left glad I had to go back for your tablets as a half hour walk turned into two half hour walks earning me 440 calories :)

I will be happy if I stay the same tonight and then hopefully continue to kick on after that.

I might experiment with moving meals around tomorrow so I have breakfast at around 3pm when I wake up.
    At around 6pm have my main meal before night shift and then have fruit, diet chef snack, soup and a roll for my 12 hr shift.

I should be ok as long as I have plenty of fruit to munch.