2468 diet

Options
Hi there!! Anyone tried this? Is love to hear your opinions and thoughts! Results? I'll be doing it soon and hope to find others to join me :)

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What is it?
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Googled it, horrible idea.

It appears to be a diet where you eat 200 calories one day, 400 the next, etc and keep repeating the cycle. :/
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    yeah, no. 200 calories all day, peaking to 800 a day? I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The last time I heard about this diet, I was a teenager hanging out in pro-anorexia forums.

Please rethink your plan.
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    yeah, no. 200 calories all day, peaking to 800 a day? I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.

They recommend exercising as well.
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Hi! It's calorie cycling. It's eating 200 cal, then the next day it's 400, next day 600, next day 800 then fasting for a day. It's air of extreme but I thought I'd try it. You can Google it. I'm going to google it again to find meal plans. I'm also thinking about the PSMF diet. Both are very restrictive and short term. I am curious to see others who have tried these and have results to share :)
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    2468 who do we appreciate? Not this crazy diet.
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty extreme.
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    Hi! It's calorie cycling. It's eating 200 cal, then the next day it's 400, next day 600, next day 800 then fasting for a day. It's air of extreme but I thought I'd try it. You can Google it. I'm going to google it again to find meal plans. I'm also thinking about the PSMF diet. Both are very restrictive and short term. I am curious to see others who have tried these and have results to share :)

You seem very nice. I'd like to warn you that most of us here will find diets like those ridiculous and will say so. If you'd like to be successful in the long term with your weight loss and make friends here who support you, I'd recommend reading around for a bit to get some healthy ideas for dieting.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it until now, and it's not something I would try. I appreciate my body too much.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This diet violates the "promoting unsafe weight loss techniques" rule from the community guidelines.

You need to eat at least 1200 calories per day. Probably more, but 1200 is the bare minimum.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    no way jose
  • onezeronine
    onezeronine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dang, this brings me back to my eating-disordered teenage years. That was over a decade ago! It should tell you something that this "diet" was popularized by anorexic teenagers hanging out in internet forums full of pictures of skeletons and tips on how to throw up more effectively.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    One word: YIKES

How about just making healthier eating choices and moving more? Would 'work' just as well no? (without the negative side effects)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That sounds horrifying.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    no.gif
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This cannot be good for your organs. 200 cals? You will screw your metabolism up so bad that when you try to lose weight the right way, you will have a very difficult time doing so.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    A newborn needs about 400 calories a day. No. Just no.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    no.gif

So much of this.