I'm back and need new friends

Options
Hi all! I've been around for a while now but took a mental break from the logging and obsessing over my weight (it was taking it's toll on my and my relationships). After a much needed break, I am back and moving forward at full speed. I have less than a year until my wedding and my fiance and I are dedicated to beginning our lives healthier than we've ever been before. I am looking for some new friends to encourage me and support me along my journey. Feel free to add me if you want to :) Thanks!

Replies

• mandles82
    mandles82 Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome back!! Having someone by your side who will support you and make the changes with you will make it so much easier to do. Request on it's way :happy:
  • weajewjewbee
    Options
    forgive my stupidity....

IF you & bf decided to lose the weight TOGETHER before the wedding, why are you online looking for "friends" to help you?? why isnt the fact that you made the pact with BF good enough??

please, do not think i am trying to be offensive, you'd know if i was, without a doubt.

i thought i would need "friends" to help me but it seems that i have found people that needed my help instead.

do you wish to lose the weight? then set your mind on it & refuse to be week.

food & laziness is just another addiction for those of us with those seeds planted in us. some smoke, some drink, some do drugs, some drive fast, some need weird sex.

we are human, we are walking chemistry sets & any chemical that you allow is has the potential of adding to the weakness in each of us.

AGAIN, i mean no offence to anyone. do not think i dont have my own issues but i OWN THEM and it is up to me to change what i do not like about myself.

if you want someone to kick you in the *kitten*, then i am your guy. i will be honest if you truly want to hear the answers to the questions i am asked.
  • Slimintentions
    Options
    Hi! I'm back, too.... Ready to begin again. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'm sure it will be awesome. Good luck on your journey. Good luck to us all....
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send FR as long as you can handle my humor and sometimes sarcastic side
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would be your friend. I recently quit weight watchers because I was stressing so much about logging. So after a few weeks I felt better and decided to come on here. So I know how you feel. I need friends that will provide feedback and will do the same.
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    forgive my stupidity....

IF you & bf decided to lose the weight TOGETHER before the wedding, why are you online looking for "friends" to help you?? why isnt the fact that you made the pact with BF good enough??

please, do not think i am trying to be offensive, you'd know if i was, without a doubt.

i thought i would need "friends" to help me but it seems that i have found people that needed my help instead.

food & laziness is just another addiction for those of us with those seeds planted in us. some smoke, some drink, some do drugs, some drive fast, some need weird sex.

we are human, we are walking chemistry sets & any chemical that you allow is has the potential of adding to the weakness in each of us.

AGAIN, i mean no offence to anyone. do not think i dont have my own issues but i OWN THEM and it is up to me to change what i do not like about myself.

if you want someone to kick you in the *kitten*, then i am your guy. i will be honest if you truly want to hear the answers to the questions i am asked.

Well I would certainly never ask to be this guys friend!! Who give a crap about her personal life and why she wants friends and support from MFP!! I have a wonderful and loving husband who supports me 110%, but there's something about having an ENTIRE community of people that makes the experience so wonderful! Seriously, you have a lot of nerve taking her extremely innocent post asking for extra support and breaking it down to accuse her of having issues she's not owning up to. Shame on you.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    FR on it's way!
    I too am back after a waaaayyy too long hiatus of many months and about 15 lbs later!:grumble:
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    forgive my stupidity....

Well I would certainly never ask to be this guys friend!! Who give a crap about her personal life and why she wants friends and support from MFP!! I have a wonderful and loving husband who supports me 110%, but there's something about having an ENTIRE community of people that makes the experience so wonderful! Seriously, you have a lot of nerve taking her extremely innocent post asking for extra support and breaking it down to accuse her of having issues she's not owning up to. Shame on you.

Thank you very much for that response :) You are correct 100%. My fiance and I work together and support each other and he is so supportive of me. It is so nice to have a team of supporters who "get it". They get the struggle, the temptations, the want to quit but the desire to keep pushing forward. I can't do it alone and because both my fiance and I struggle with our weights we need some support from others too who have done and resisted temptations and gone the full distance. I love MFP and I can't imagine being on this journey without all the support that this community has to offer :)
  • Hevenerk
    Hevenerk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anytime you have to include "please, do not think i am trying to be offensive" in something you are saying you should probably just go ahead not say it.
    The reason we are all on this site is not only to track our progress but to get the support of others.
    Getting a simple way to go from an online friend goes a long way in helping.

I am the boyfriend she spoke about and I am supportive of her in this and every other thing she does. I also am on this site as part of our weight loss journey and I was the one who suggested to her this morning that she post this message because she said the friends she had currently had stopped posting comments on her updates.

p.s.
    If you are going to be offensive at least do so with proper spelling - " then set your mind on it & refuse to be week"
  • tlog73
    tlog73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me if you like. I'm getting married in October so mostly trying to lose a few before the big day and feel better. I did WW for a couple of years and just got tired of it. I took a break and came back to MFP after a friend said she found it helpful.
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!
  • kaylapicha
    kaylapicha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting over as well. Feel free to add me.
  • Lucy3410
    Lucy3410 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm with you! Request coming...