Quest Nutrition Bars?

Options
Hello!

I just recently came across the Quest Nutrition website which features low-carb bars and other products. I have not heard of this brand or any products of the types, but was just curious if anyone has heard of it/use these products. It just seems TOO GOOD to be true (since I am on a low-carb/sugar controlled diet).

Would you recommend this? I would love to try this out if it is worth the time and money! :)

LINK is below!

Thanks!

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've tried a couple and thought they were really good, but a little out of my budget. Plus, my caloric needs aren't so rigid that I can't have a higher carb protein bar.

I have a friend who had weight loss surgery who LOOOOOVES them and eats them daily. They're perfect for her because she has to make every single calorie count.

The one thing I absolutely love about them is that they're really high in fiber, without making you incredibly gassy like a lot of other fiber bars do. I'm like the entire brass section of a marching band after a Fiber One bar. Not a toot after a Quest. :blushing:

Edited to add: "Like" their facebook page. Sometimes they have free sample giveaways.
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    I think they're awesome. I would buy them in bulk if I could afford it. I'll buy a 12 pack at a time and switch between a protein shake and a quest bar. i do a google search for free shipping code for quest and there's usually a code you can use. Also they've always sent an extra protein bar when I order the 12 pack. They want you to try a different flavor I guess. I like the coconut cashew, cookie ough, brownie, and vanilla almond ones best.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I've been planning to try them .. 1-2 flavors. I frequent the Vitamin
    Shoppe and learned they carry them. The protein and sugar amounts
    are enough for me to like them despite the price. It's a quality kind
    of thing I guess. Can you just try one and buy several to weave in and
    out of your other bar options? Just an idea. :)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I love them and generally have one every day. The help me hit my protein numbers when I'm on the go.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I like them as a more on-the-go alternative to a protein smoothie / shake, although they're not really as healthy since I tend to make my own protein smoothies with fresh fruit & veggies.

One thing about the Quest bars though... They are by and large NOT low-carb. They've got a lot of fiber, so there's some off-set if you're thinking in terms of "net carbs" (carbs - fiber). But the bars do have 20+ grams of carbs each (e.g. the coconut cashew has 24g of carbs and 17g of fiber).

Be careful buying them online though... I've had a few boxes show up with the bars as hard as bricks inside their wrappers. 5-10s in the microwave softens them up but, when they're hard like that, they're almost impossible to chew through unless you warm them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them a lot, but I got tired of them. They're good though, and really feel you up. Healthier than the alternatives I've been eating for sure.
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Love Quest bars! I just got done eating the Chocolate Brownie one. I have one a day and buy them direct from Quest or get them from GNC. All the flavors are soooo good. They help me hit my protein goals when I don't feel like making a shake.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The only protein bar I'll eat and I love them. Found them maybe a year ago and love them, never get tired of them and rarely crave anything sweet anymore. Keeps me full for several hours.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I own a box of every flavor except for their new released flavor: white chocolate raspberry.

I eat very low carb (keto) and the quest bar easily fits my macros since fiber dont count on my diet.

@Jaysonheyd:

Net Carbs = Carbs - fiber

So most their bars are less than 5 net Carbs.... what's so bad about 5~8g net carbs?
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    They're great! One of the few whey-isolate-only bars on the market.... most have whey concentrate, which gives me gas. One of the lowest calorie-per-protein bars you can get.

The thing about these bars is you have to nuke 'em for about 8-12 seconds because they are fairly dense. The flavors are great.

They're too expensive at the Vitamin Shoppe... You can get them relatively inexpensively from TFsupplements.com
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @Jaysonheyd:

Net Carbs = Carbs - fiber

So most their bars are less than 5 net Carbs.... what's so bad about 5~8g net carbs?

Yep, I actually noted that in my post:
    They've got a lot of fiber, so there's some off-set if you're thinking in terms of "net carbs" (carbs - fiber). But the bars do have 20+ grams of carbs each (e.g. the coconut cashew has 24g of carbs and 17g of fiber).

Nothing's bad about it. I was just pointing out that you do have to be thinking in terms of "net carbs," whereas with certain Stevia-sweetened protein powders, for example, you'll get 0g of carbs (obviously with 0g of fiber).
  • ebriesch
    ebriesch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love em and since I had weight-loss surgery, they're perfect for me; plus, I eat at my desk at work, so I need portable things. But they are pricey. You can get them on Amazon too. I like the Cinnamon Roll ones best (especially warm) and the brownie. Haven't bought for awhile because of the price. Used to have a standing order with the company but it got to be too expensive.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I have one every day as a mid-afternoon snack between lunch & dinner. Love banana nut and looking forward to trying white chocolate raspberry. Fits perfect within my low carb lifestyle.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I love the peanut butter supreme and the cookie dough! great stats as well!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    warm the quest brownie bar in the mic for 5-6 seconds place a dark chocolate square on top till melty, OHMY, like a lava cake yummy chocolate hit!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Looked into lots of protein bars - these are the best, I think. Relatively low cal, high in protein and fiber, either 99% or 100% natural, depending on the flavor. Worth the price. Amazon ships for free if you spend more than $25 (two boxes iis just under $50) and I've never had trouble with them being too hard - sometimes they're a little misshapen from getting warm then cool again, but no big deal. Good stuff!! :happy:
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Questbars are the best on the market and the taste is unreal. They almost taste too good to be "healthy." High protein, high fiber and low active carbs = win win for anyone. I eat them daily.
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love them! I get the chocolate brownie bars, and usually have them for a snack instead of something loaded with empty calories.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love the PB&J flavor and buy mine at Vitacost whenever they have a big everything off sale.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I eat them all the time. My current favorite is still the coconut cashew one, but thats only because I haven't tried cookie dough or the new white chocolate raspberry