Anyone know any good hunger suppressants?

Options

Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    IMGP8359_zpsf47e3c86.jpg

Just to clarify...is this a graham cracker sheet, peanut butter, bacon, marshmallow fluff (or banana...it looks white), and a chocolate bar?

MARRY ME.

It is graham cracker, buttercream frosting, bacon, and a hershey bar

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Not tryin to hate, but I think mine with the banana might be better (LOL). I'm not a huge fan of the buttercream though. :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the idea! It's rad!

I will have to try it

It is my birthday and I was at an MFP get together all day yesterday beach/pool...stayed at a friends, and there was leftover stuffs so this is what i decided to break my fast with

it was so good i rolled around on the kitchen floor in ecstasy.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    IMGP8359_zpsf47e3c86.jpg

Just to clarify...is this a graham cracker sheet, peanut butter, bacon, marshmallow fluff (or banana...it looks white), and a chocolate bar?

MARRY ME.

Not tryin to hate, but I think mine with the banana might be better (LOL). I'm not a huge fan of the buttercream though. :flowerforyou:

I will have to try it

It is my birthday and I was at an MFP get together all day yesterday beach/pool...stayed at a friends, and there was leftover stuffs so this is what i decided to break my fast with

MFP get together?? Fun tiemz!

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

lol. The imagery for floor rollings made me chuckle.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Protein + Plenty of Water + Self Control (eating throughout the day and at the same time each day; breakfast--snack--lunch--snack--dinner--snack)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I didn`t read all the posts and did not realize I just came into a simple topic that escalated into chaos.

What is with you guys? :tongue:

It's me. I am sorry.

tumblr_lvkjwtRf1r1qiol6o_zps51d58f19.gif
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Cutting down on processed foods, sugars, and carbs in general has helped me TONS with hunger. It doesn't have to be "low" carb per se, just cutting down on your average intake until you notice.

Drinking water and tea helps too.

This ^
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Cutting down on processed foods, sugars, and carbs in general has helped me TONS with hunger. It doesn't have to be "low" carb per se, just cutting down on your average intake until you notice.

Drinking water and tea helps too.

This ^

*quietly munches on a processed cheese stick with crackers*
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yup it's called food, suppresses hunger, elevates mood levels and energy!
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    -hot coffee or hot tea. Just without a lot of cream and sugar...those really stack up the calories!
    -protein shakes! I drink one in the morning and it keeps me feeling full for hours! I like to get the all natural kind, then blend it with organic almond milk, bananas, and honey!
    -fruits and veggies- I feel full right after eating them, but I get hungry VERY quickly afterwards if that's all I eat...
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • shellyfatfree7
    shellyfatfree7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    water is the best! also, vegetables and salad snacks are a really good way to keep the calories down.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and ice water are some good ones- you can also try eating less processed food and artificial sweeteners! It's hard to go over on cals when you're snacking on carrots and the like and you can eat a stupid amount throughout the day

Coffee is a stimulant not a suppressant.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    IMGP8359_zpsf47e3c86.jpg

MARRY ME.

I will have to try it

MFP get together?? Fun tiemz!

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

lol. The imagery for floor rollings made me chuckle.
    Buttercream frosting....:sad:
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok, So going back to your o.p. (because this thread seems to have gotten way out of hand.) You said that your problem is that you cannot control your eating. If you are hungry, it doesnt mean keep eating. What this means is that you are either eating the wrong kinds of foods or your not in control. So my biggest reccomendating is to take a step back and look at what you eat from a side perspective. What ive found is the more often you eat lean meat such as oven baked boneless skinnless chicken, or ground pork, and the more you eat veggies the fuller youll get. Although I stopped logging my food because ive gotten into my routine of eating, it hasnt changed so if you go farther into my log you can see. But I used to beable to eat and eat and what ive noticed is that you can eat six chocolate bars or four strawberries and both will leave you feeling the same. The best thing is to make veggies the biggest part of your diet. They fill you up faster and keep you full longer over things like 'pasta' and candy. Also, portion out your meals. Thats all you should have. Get smaller plates and make sure your portions are correct and tell your self thats all you can eat. Dont give yourself the option to eat more. The first few days you might be hungry more, but eventually you will have trained your stomach that you are in control. Eat three smaller meals and three snacks. Try to limit yourself to only eating 30% lean meat, 50% veggies/fruits and 20% other. It sounds crazy but it works and then you wont feel so hungry all of the time.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I find drinking rooibos chai or green tea helps, I love the spice blend in chai I tend to not add cream or sugar.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP I'd try a lot of the tips you've been given in this thread, but I can tell you that my personal experience is that water, veggies, and caffeine don't work for me at all. I can eat an entire cucumber and a couple of large carrots and I'll be hungry again in 10 minutes. I can drink an entire 24 oz bottle of water and I'll just be sloshy and still hungry. Personally the best thing that works for me is a combination of protein, fat, and carbs. So, try a few different combinations of things to figure out what works best for you. And if none of the suggestions given are working for you, then maybe you need to increase your calorie goal. I went through that about a month after I started lifting. I found that I was hungry all the time even at my maintenance calorie level, and that was never the case when I was losing weight. So I upped my calories by a couple of hundred and I didn't gain anything. My body was telling me that I wasn't getting enough food. It would have been a bad idea not to listen.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,542 Member
    Options
    Glucomannan helped me reel in my uncontrolled appetite. Take two 30 minutes before each meal ( max is 3 times daily) . Drink 16 oz of water with the pills and make sure you are eating filling healthy meals of real food not useless carbs etc. Protein and lots of veggies each meal. Helped me hope it helps you too. Hang in there!
    Actually this isn't a bad suggestion since it's basically a fiber supplement.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    RUNNING! I have no appetite after a long run...
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    OP I'd try a lot of the tips you've been given in this thread, but I can tell you that my personal experience is that water, veggies, and caffeine don't work for me at all. I can eat an entire cucumber and a couple of large carrots and I'll be hungry again in 10 minutes. I can drink an entire 24 oz bottle of water and I'll just be sloshy and still hungry. Personally the best thing that works for me is a combination of protein, fat, and carbs. So, try a few different combinations of things to figure out what works best for you. And if none of the suggestions given are working for you, then maybe you need to increase your calorie goal. I went through that about a month after I started lifting. I found that I was hungry all the time even at my maintenance calorie level, and that was never the case when I was losing weight. So I upped my calories by a couple of hundred and I didn't gain anything. My body was telling me that I wasn't getting enough food. It would have been a bad idea not to listen.

When I say that she should eat more veggies that help, i dont mean only that little. Heres an example meal that I LOVE that fills me up for hours:
    2cups romain lettuce
    5 baby carrots
    1/4 cup red onion
    1/4 cup green pepper
    1 cup broccoli
    1 cup shredded baked boneless skinless chicken
    2 tbls organic salsa.

-its so yummy and so filling! you just gotta drink lots of water as well. :) have you ever noticed that if you eat at a buffet and get the salad bar, you eat 1-2 plates but eating the buffet you can eat 2+ plates.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Water, exercise, and protein all work well for me.