Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for friends that need to lose 60lbs or more and/or P

Hey Everyone!

I am looking for anyone who has the same weight loss goals that I have? I am also looking to befriend anyone who is suffering from PCOS or infertility! I want to know who I can turn to when I want to give up or who I can scream at when I feel lost! Plus, I want to know others in similar situations that I can help support through these challenges! :heart:

Let's do this together!!! Hit me up on here of Facebook!!

Thanks SOOOO much!!
:laugh: :happy: :explode: :noway: :love: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :smokin: :smooched: :drinker: :cry: :cry: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Hi there.... I need plus 60lbs shifting, my husband needs double that!!!! :wink:

I have PCOS, ME/ CFS/ Fibromyalgia, an underactive thyroid, High BP, calcium deficiency, back problems..... I think that's it!!!!! :laugh:

More than happy to share :flowerforyou:
  • Hi Ladies,

I have 91lbs to lose in total. I have PCOS and have been through 10 years of fertility treatment - we are now adopting. Always here to chat and listen xxx
  • Me! I have PCOS and I'm still needing to lose over 60. I'd be happy to help support and have a little extra support!

:) Sarah
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I would love to be friends and encourage each other. I have about 80 more lbs to loose. I am taking it 20lb at a time so it doesnt seem so overwhelming. I noticed you are in the process of becoming a fosterparent. Me and my husband did fostercare for 7 1/2 yrs and adopted our 3 youngest children (they were our fosterkids ). We can do this together
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    PCOS and 89 total to lose (34 down/55 to go)
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Wow, I JUST posted a blog about PCOS! I am so right there with you! I have about 61lbs left to lose on my 87lb journey. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • nikkijennings
    My daughter was our "miracle". I was told at 19 after an overdose of radio treatment that I couldn't have children.... granted, she was 3 months early and weighed just over a kilo.... but she's amazing :love:

I have had many a miscarriage, a really bad ectopic with twins..... complete nightmare!!! :brokenheart:

I've fostered in the past, but we have considered doing this as a "profession" for quite some time :bigsmile:

Love and hugs to you all :happy:
  • I so admire what you are doing and then also having time to take care of yourself by loosing weight. I just joined MFP and really enjoying what I am learning about my eating patterns and ways to cut back. I have about 70 lbs to loose. I also have three adopted children from Russia the youngest is 15 now. I would love to be a support for eachother.

My name is Rita and I live in San Jose, CA
  • nikkijennings
    Actually.... my heads thinking now (not a good sign lol!!!) My little sister has dreadful PCOS & menstrual problems (sorry guys TMI!) But has 4 children.... all conceived naturally so it CAN happen! xxx
  • I agree - I don't want people to be discouraged - I do have PCOS but it wasn't what has prevented me from conceiving - I have immune issues. I know of plenty of ladies who have conceived with PCOS.

xxx
  • Hello! I have 102 lbs to loose before my wedding next October 2011. My total goal is to loose 137 lbs with an ending wait of 150 lbs. I too have PCOS. To be honest, I really haven't had much trouble with it yet. Or at least I don't think I have. I have not tried to conceive yet but I'm sure it will be an uphill battle as well. I am here if you ever need a helping hand!
  • melani75
    melani75 Posts: 14 Member
    I have right at 60lbs to lose and also have PCOS. I just started using this site a week ago and would love to have some friends who are on the same journey with me. :)
  • giggles29169
    giggles29169 Posts: 12 Member
    I need to lose 150lbs to be healthy. Wish me luck!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Hey Ladies, Feel free to add me here @ MFP and on Facebook - www.facebook.com/sedivygal

I also have a challenge page on facebook that we do monthly exercise challenges if anyone wants to join -

www.facebook.com/motivate-me-to-motivate-you
  • simone74
    simone74 Posts: 13
    I need to lose probably about 80 lbs. I have a form of PCOS, thankfully I'm past the years for wanting to have children (I have 3). I've had some endometrial issues in my life. I'm also diabetic and hypo-thyroidic. I hope that with weight loss I'll be able to curb those problems.
  • chrissy_824
    chrissy_824 Posts: 23 Member
    I have PCOS and want to lose 77 lbs total. I've lost 49 and I have 28 more to go.