fresh start!

Options
Hi all,

I got a huge shock last night when my girlfriend bought some new scales. When i weighed myself then looked at the associated charts it showed i was only 1lb off being obese!

Have always been very sporty but had to give up football a few years ago due to a dodgy knee.

I have always eaten junk food but since i stopped the football i have ballooned! The problem is i loved football but just don't enjoy regular exercise like i did that so i always struggle.

Im fast approaching 30 so need to do something before its too late! Hopefully myfitnesspal can help me along the way!

Thats my story!!

Tommy

Replies

• caz30uk
    caz30uk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi

i know where your coming from after I gave birth I was doing well losing it then all of a sudden I had to stop fitness classes (through health at the time) I let my diet go and I started putting on weight now im trying my hardest to lose weight and so far so good, I really like myfitnesspal as I find reading other ppls storys and also people supporting you and you supporting them is good a don't know many on here but I suppose its good to meet new people and helo support people along the way as I know the support helps me along the way
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used to play football too but I have not been for 9 months, because off illness. I'm going back soon hopefully.
    As for the knees, I've had problems since I was 17 on and off. So the lighter I am the better my knees feel.
    Even tho if I push them too much I would end up in pain. But they are ok at the moment.
    I've added you as a friend too..
  • littlebee26
    littlebee26 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi Tommy. Jees, I know how you feel. That horrible moment when it dawns on you that you have let yourself go!!!! I am about 5 months in to my new lifestyle (ive been changing my life for a long time buts its really only in the last 5 months that they have really become my life). The good news.....you absolutley can turn it around If you truly want to look and feel batter than you ever have, you can achieve that. The bad news, its not easy (mentally or physically). If it was everyone would be doing it! It is so worth it it though!! My advice...do what you need to do. Empty your presses of junk and processed food. Educate yourself on the foods that should be in your presses. Find how many calories you should be on per day and count them religiously (myfitnesspal food diary is great for this), Get fit/plenty of exercise!!! Get a personal trainer if you can afford one. Every time you finding yourself falling back into old habits, stop yourself and try again. Eventually it will become your life. As I said, just do what you need to do to make those changes. They will eventually come to you naturally and your life will never be the same :)))))