Started today

Options
Afternoon all, started today looking to lose a lot of weight.

Just a quick question, what would be the recommendation for a snack food to eat between meals?

Thanks

H

Replies

• missamie1983
    missamie1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi hanifrahaman. Mainly for my snacks I'll have a few almonds or any kind of nuts. I have heard that string cheese is a good snack, but I'm not much of a cheese eater. I also like fresh fruit as well. On really good days, I'll eat a little bit of popcorn :smile: Good luck!!

34092164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I like chips and salsa.

Just make sure you portion out that chips and don't eat them from the bag! Put the bag away!

I also like Greek yogurt.

A small bowl of cereal (like a quarter cup) with milk.

Dried apricots.
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    I love Alpen bars for snacks they have a ton of flavours, and only 70cals per bar :) I also snack on apples
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    some of the things I snack on often-
    peanuts, almonds, cashews and even dusted with spices/herbs or dried chilis, cayenne pepper

rice cakes, fage greek yogurt (possibly the best strained yogurt you can buy in the US)
    venison jerky, carrots, apples, pears, figs, apricots, turkish dates and celery sticks

*thin slices of lamb from roasted legs of lamb (my weakness)
  • Gooddaytostart
    Options
    Hey Robthegourmet! Welcome! I too eat a few nuts with reduced fat Colby jack string cheese. Helps me a lot! It stops that annoying hunger I feel especially when I get bored! YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • Gooddaytostart
    Options
    Watch the nuts! Too many add up. Also I eat an Atkins bar the snack one and it really stops the hunger. God bless!
  • hanifrahaman
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips!