Anyone from San Francisco...need advice :)

Options
GrouchySprout
GrouchySprout Posts: 26 Member
I am going to be in San Fransisco for a couple of days from Friday and want to pick up a couple of things while I'm there for a trek I'm going on with my children. I've been advised to get hiking socks and the likes from San Francisco rather than the UK so can anyone advise of any stores to use?
Also I want to pick a few snacks like almonds so as not to be tempted to eat unhealthily...any recommendation for where to go for these?
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Find a Whole Foods Market for snacks, I'm sure there are some in the Bay Area. I suggest using Google maps to find the one closest to where you're going to be.

For hiking socks, REI. 840 Brannan St, San Francisco. You should have no trouble finding a decent pair of socks there.
  • dklw
    dklw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    REI is the best outdoor store for hiking socks and the like. the branch in San Francisco is at 840 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103

Trader Joes is the store to go to for healthy snacks. they have several locations in San Francisco.
  • Mikeys_Girl
    Options
    REI is one of my favorites they would have anything for outdoors, including nits and protein bars and alot of healthy snacks. They have shoes, clothing and supplies. 840 Brennan st, San Francisco CA (415) 934-1938. I am Sacramento area but take the 2hr drive down to San Fran area often! Have fun! Don't know if you are a Janis Joplin fan but I like the Haight and Ashbury area!!
  • GrouchySprout
    GrouchySprout Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. Really looking forward to getting there and exploring.