Home workouts ONLY with weight loss results?

Options
Does anyone just strictly do just different types of home workouts only and if so have you seen a successful weight loss?

Replies

• viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I mostly do at home workouts (I play soccer once a week in addition to that). I don't have a gym membership.

Some of the websites I find are useful are fitness blender, dailyhiit, fitsugar and blogilates.
  • 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is brilliant!
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity and on Turbo Fire now, my profile picture has a before and after headshot... I used to go to the gym when I was younger, but these home workouts work a lot better for me!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Yes I run, walk, and do strength videos with weights all at home.
  • levelene2
    levelene2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yep! I lost 40 pounds prior to my pregnancy doing Cathe Friedrich Step Aerobic videos at home. Just starting them again actually...:D
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 pounds at home since Jan. I use different videos (Jillian Micheals, Insanity, plus loads off the internet like Billy Blanks Tae-Bo and Fitness Blender stuff). I also have a elliptical machine and I have some weights (3,5,8) and a cable. I used to think it was impossible to lose weight at home. I was just fooled into thinking the gym was the place to be. I would really like to get a membership again soon because I really love group fitness like Step Class and Zumba. But I know I can do it at home now!
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've been doing home workouts pretty much exclusively for the past year+: six months of P90X (2 rounds), then Les Mills Combat, now a hybrid of P90X and LMC. I lost 45 lbs between the two programs; I took May and part of June off and gained back a few pounds but they're going now. I find it easier to work out when I want and without waiting on other people/leaving the house. I also walk/hike when the weather's nice.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Lost 50lbs working out at home. I started by walking the dog 4 miles a day, stepped up to Insanity, transitioned to a BUDs Routine and another round of Insanity. Each segment was for a two month period with a 1 week break in between. I finally did get a gym membership, but it was to use free weights to put a little mass back on.
  • MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds about 6 years ago with only a stationary recumbent bike in my basement & a few different exercise videos. I've expanded my equipment selection a bit since then, but other than a 7 lb. gain, I've maintained my loss all these years without stepping foot in a gym.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My 15 pound loss was done outside of the gym. Eating right, workout videos as well as mini strength training challenges and walking to and from work. I just ordered my first dumbbell/barbell set to start heavy lifting. I like doing these things at home.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks for all you responses! This really helps a lot!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I mix it up at home... C25k + kettlebell strength training on one day, next day Kinect Zumba.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does anyone just strictly do just different types of home workouts only and if so have you seen a successful weight loss?

Yes. I started with Zumba, then switched to C25k, then to Turbo Fire. In addition I do a lot of calisthenics (squats, pushups, dips, planks, burpees, etc.) and sometimes lift dumbbells. We also hike a lot when the weather is nice.

I've always stayed fit without a gym. I met my original goal in about 5 months (dropped 2 sizes, I think weight lost was bout 27 lbs).
  • jaznon
    jaznon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started off going to the gym (and exercising at home) but stopped a while back. Now I only work out at home. I really like moving around and doing something I enjoy so I have found a Jillian Michael's kickboxing DVD and also do Tae Bo (Billy Blanks) DVDs. This may sound funny but I also like to throw some Just Dance on the Wii in there once in awhile to mix it up!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I lost 65 pounds doing just at-home workouts. I did P90X, then Insanity, and I am now doing Body Beast (weight lifting). My wife has lost 75 pounds doing P90X then Les Mills Combat. I also supplemented my exercise with running at least once a week. I haven't set foot in a gym in over 3 years.
  • Skinnyjeans007
    Skinnyjeans007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do teach water aerobics, on days off I do free weight, 5lbs/8lbs kettle bell. Excercise ball for sit ups and squats. I walk and my stationary bike. I have a pilates tape/20 mins./30 mins for strength/flexibility. Each day I surprise my body. I change what I do to keep me encouraged. Mornings are the best to rev the fat burner machine for the day. My sneaky excercise? I park far from the store, I have the equipment for the better me in my office, my TV room and sewing room. When I walk by I do a set or 5 mins of something. Oh, I reached goal #1- 30 lbs. I have 10 more as I work on toning and maintaining. It is a life style for the better.

Margaret
  • pjd302
    pjd302 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do treadmill and stationary bike.I try for 30-45 minutes a day combined on both.I had knee surgery so it is sometimes 35 minutes on bike only.I have lost 15 lbs in a month on a base of 1,540 calories.
  • leennen
    leennen Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to have a Golds Gym membership but it was too hard to go with work and my young kids. I found a biggest loser workout DVD at the library and started using that (did P90X but wasn't a fan of it), combined with running/walking 2-3x/wk and I've lost 33 lbs in 3 months. I stick to working out at home and watching what I eat and I'm still losing!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes - the trick is finding something you enjoy ...... something you will stick with for life.

A couple of tips:

Exercise DVD resources: collagevideo.com & totalfitnessdvds.com

These sites show video clips, rate videos for fitness level, impact level, choreography level and tell you equipment is required. I need low impact..... so I look up videos up before I buy.

Netflix by mail ........they have hundreds of workout DVDs. I had a subscription for several months, and tried a new video every week. This really helped me find what I like (and helped me avoid what I hate).

For strength training I really like Kelly Coffey Meyer DVDs & for cardio I use Leslie Sansone, and do some basic step aerobics.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I lost 84lbs by working out at home. I did the 30DS three times, and then RI30. I recommend those highly. :smile: