New here and trying to start fresh

Options
I never know what to say on these introduction forums. I'm 24 years old and have gained a decent amount of weight since my son was born a year and a half ago. I had gestational diabetes and kept up with my nutrition so well that I was the smallest I'd been in a while about a week after he was born. I, of course, got lazy and to be honest, fattening foods are cheaper.

My main goal is to be healthy for my family. My husband is very supportive (he is in great shape) and never criticizes. I only feed my son foods that are good for him and it's about time I follow my own advice. I AM going to lose 60 pounds and I am going to do it the right way and start a new lifestyle.

Replies

• ehwilson30
    ehwilson30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! You will find that there are some great people here willing to offer you support! Feel free to add me as friend. Wishing you all the best!
  • katefor3
    katefor3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are going to love this site!!! Its incredibly easy to use, fast and if you check out the success stories, trust me, You will be inspired FOREVER! I have been particularly amazed at the number of people willing to take the time to write back to complete strangers!!! I've been so fortunate that I feel the need to do the same!!! Feel free to add me as a friend as well! You can do it!!! =)
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Only joined here yesterday and am finding this site such a help! The food diary is really helping us out in keeping track with our eating and we are being completely honest with it lol.

I am sure you will find this place as great as I already have! You can do it!

Birdy