women where do you get your exercise clothes from

Options
Hi Well I just joined a gym and went to my first exercise class on Sunday. I was just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I really like luluemon but find them expensive especially when still losing weight. I find old navy activte line doesnt look great on your butt. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Replies

• Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im in the UK and go to Primark - full kit including socks for £17
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Well I just joined a gym and went to my first exercise class on Sunday. I was just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I really like luluemon but find them expensive especially when still losing weight. I find old navy activte line doesnt look great on your butt. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Under Armour
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Kohl's, JCP, Target
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Target, TJ Maxx and Kohl's. D ick's if they have a 40% sale.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love Tek Gear capris from Kohl's, $16.99 and tanks from Old Navy $10
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Under Armour all the way.

I tried LuluLemon and to be honest, it's really expensive and nothing special compared to UA. I think it's just more ''stylish'' although I love what my UA gear and accessories look like.
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Target
  • juicednjuicy7
    juicednjuicy7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Modells (fitness sports store)
    sports authority
    marshalls (have all name brands)
    olympia sports.

i do not go to any cheap stores ive learned my lesson. QUALITY IS A KEY.

I get Nike (Dri-Fit)
    Under Armour (Heatgear or Cold Gear)
    Adidas
    Champion

Sweat wicking, and all clothing that keeps your muscles relaxed!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I wear mostly Nike stuff.
  • k_winder
    k_winder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The North Face (yes, can be expensive, but I work there so I get a 50% discount) or Target.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When in the US on holiday (Florida) I've bought a lot in TJ Max and Target.

In the UK and Europe I love Decathlon. They sell everything you can imagine that's sports or outdoor related and their kit is well made and washed s and wears well. And it's cheap too!!

http://www.decathlon.co.uk
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Under Armour is what I prefer, but I found stuff that was cheaper and very similar to it at Academy Sports. I also buy some at Walmart.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    No where too expensive as I am losing weight. I'm in the UK so H&M, TK Maxx ( esp for Nike), Sainsbury's and Next online.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lululemon for pants. Target for Tees. Love Under Armour too.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My Lulus are too big now and I'm not buying other ones til I hit my goal so I buy Nike's You can get them for really good pricing on Ebay or Winners/Marshall's
  • livinfluffy
    livinfluffy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Usually JC Penny and TJ Maxx. I hate spending too much on workout gear since i am now in my third size of clothes. Both can have great clearance sales.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Old Navy (basic yoga pants), Lulu (expensive yes, but I wear their pants all the time so it's worth it to me), Target (sports bras mostly), Nike (whatever I can get from the outlet), and I'm just now looking into Athleta (Gap affiliate). I have had luck at TJ Maxx too. It just depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to spend. If I only worked out 1 day a week I couldn't justify an $80 pair of leggings.

ETA: I'm not at goal and I still spent a lot at Lulu..
  • ksomerfeld
    ksomerfeld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    JCPenny's all the way. I love their Xersion line. I have a full chest (34DD) and usually can't find shelf-bra tops that work for me especially for exercising. Xersion are the exception to the rule, and I have 5 of them.
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Isnt under armour expensive? I'm in canada so we dont have JC Penny or TJ MAX here.
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I get mine from Costco. I just can't justify paying a lot of $$ for something to sweat in :P. I have been known to cut old track pants and wear them as shorts ;). I really like the tuff athletics brand yoga pants, they even have ones with an inseam size (I am almost 6 feet tall and I have problem getting pants long enough). They last too, I have a pair that is over 5 years old and still look and feel like new. I also just get cheap shirts from Walmart that have funny characters on them. I have gotten a lot of comments on my Elmo and Bam-Bam shirts ;). I do like the Under Armour stuff as well but it is expensive. I picked up a nice shirt in the US at an outlet mall once and use it quite a bit when I need something longer for body flow. Love their compression shorts as well.