women where do you get your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• tamisawyer
    tamisawyer Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and 335. I get mine from Target, Lane Bryant & Old Navy. I've also found Avenue to have some pretty good workout clothes.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I buy my shirts at Walmart - lightweight Danskin tanks are $4-6. I don't spend a lot of money on them because they get sweat stained and I only wear them a couple of months. Shorts/ pants / capris I get at Sports Authority or similar store, or I've found some comfortable ones at Meijer for $15. The one thing I don't skimp on is shoes and socks (ok, two things). I usually spend $100+ on a good pair of running shoes and $10-15 on good socks.
  • Anasye
    Anasye Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go to TJ Maxx and Century 21 for nike brand at 50%-75% off. The good stuff at a resonable price.:wink:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Walmart has Danskin yoga pants on sale for around $10, quite often. . I shop Kohls and the Columbia and Under Armour outlets for my workout clothes.
  • bethcw1
    bethcw1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also in Canada - Costco and Joe Fresh
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Old Navy works for me!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Target and Costco. I got some amazing pants at Costco for $13.
  • megs12e
    megs12e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get most of mine at Walmart - I know, I know, but it's cheap, I'm losing weight so I'll need new clothes anyway, and they are just going to get sweaty and nasty anyway.

I also get stuff at Target and discount stores like Rugged Wearhouse (got the most comfotable pair of Nike Capris for $20!).
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada too!

I buy workout clothes at Winners, Walmart and sports stores when they are having sales. I have Lulu running shorts and a pair of shorts for yoga.

As long as they are comfortable, wicking material or dri-fit I don't care what the symbol is I'm working out not advertising for an overpriced brand!

Karen
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JC Penney & Kohls, they have great prices & great sales. I'm not spending a fortune on workout clothes, especially since I drop a size every 3-5 weeks. Luckily, our whole extended family is doing this "get healthy & lose weight" contest this year, so I'm passing my "too big" clothes down to my sisters & they don' t go to waste! As it is, I have at least 15 large grocery sacks of clothes ready to go to Goodwill right now! I refuse to buy expensive clothes until I'm at my final weight goal.
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    anywhere they sell UnderArmour that's cheap because i sweat so much other brands don't last long. try Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory....:wink:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Tech shirts (dri-fit) are good from almost anywhere- Nike, Walmart, Target, Running Room, The North Face, etc.

For bottoms, I find that I just LOVE my Nikes. Now that I'm a little smaller, the Old Navy stuff fits me a lot better and is a lot more flattering than it was 40 lbs ago (plus it's so much cheaper than a lot of other stuff - so keep trying periodically!).

Winners tends to have good sale prices for Champion, Nike, Adidas, etc. Worth checking out the racks. I've paid very little for some very good sports bras there.

If you're willing to spend a little more, I am obsessed with my Ron Hill pants: http://www.ronhill.com/aspiration-contour-tight. Most comfortable things I think I've ever put on my body.

Of course, I also love Lulu, but the budget just isn't there for me most of the time. I think if I were to spend money there, it'd likely be on sports bras.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I live down the street from an outlet center so I get all my gym gear there.

Columbia, North Face, Nike, Reebok and Under Armor. They are a bit pricey, but they have survived everything I have thrown at them and last forever

I used to get my stuff from Target and Old Navy, but you get what you pay for.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I buy Danskin at Walmart. I try to buy them on the clearance racks so they only cost me $5.00 or less.

I love the Danskin pants. I get my t-shirts from Target.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I buy Danskin at Walmart. I try to buy them on the clearance racks so they only cost me $5.00 or less.

I love the Danskin pants. I get my t-shirts from Target.

Interesting -- are there Danskin products in Canada? I remember reading about their stuff in previous threads, so I scoured my local Walmart for some of the workout stuff last time I was there, and I couldn't find any.
  • MrsWillard13
    Options
    I like consignment stores. Many people buy workout gear and NEVER use them (I've been guilty a time or two ;) That 30$ Gap shirt is mine for 3$

Sometimes I shop in the kids section at Target as well. XL shirts fit and are half the price
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try Amazon or e-bay
  • taramazing
    Options
    www.forever21.com has some really affordable stuff! TJ Maxx too. Gap sometimes has good deals if they're on sale.
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have these where you're at, but I go to Sport's Authority for exercise clothes. I usually buy Under Armour or Nike and they sometimes have 20-50% off sales.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Bought my sports bra and compression shorts at a sporting good store.