72 pounds lost with LOTS of pictures! (Repost)

Options

Replies

• lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Wowie! You accomplishment is da bomb!
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you were beautiful before but omg such a difference great job!!!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    A FREAKING MAZING.
  • Lets_Get_Healthy_Baby
    Options
    TOTAL transformation! WOW, keep it up gurl! I know you could do it!
  • KatieMay6689
    Options
    You guys are amazing. I can't tell you how much reading your comments has made my day. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :)
  • randomhelena
    randomhelena Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! :D
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same person!! Cute before....and cute after!! Congratulations!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are adorable, and you look great!
  • skinnybjasse
    skinnybjasse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a great story!! I had to look twice at the before and after...asking myself is this the same girl? Amazing work and FAB bikini body!!
    **Reposting because my 'before' pictures are not showing on my original post and I'm unable to edit**

I’ve shared my success story once before, but I had to start over with a new MFP account so I thought I’d share again! Long story short: I was extremely active during my childhood and teenage years. I played soccer in middle school and tennis in high school, and danced for 15 years - 6 of those years on a competitive team. I ate whatever I felt like and was physically fit without really having to think about it. When I went to college, I no longer had tennis and dance practices to keep me active but I kept up the same eating habits. Throughout my 4 years of college, I slowly put on a lot of weight. After seeing some AWFUL pictures of myself at Christmas parties and New Years Eve in 2010 (see below), I decided it was time to make a serious lifestyle change. I bought a scale and weighed in at 215 pounds, which was a huge reality check. In some ways, I think I'd been blind to how overweight I'd become. However, I couldn't deny the number that was staring back at me on the scale, so I got down to business.

Fall 2010

63327_438211477087_3801731_n_zpsd0933323.jpg

69431_1398259597069_4871563_n_zps3bb82a98.jpg

Annual PJ Christmas party with my girlfriends, 2010

photo1_zpsefa9cae5.jpg

photo_zps8d854c08.jpg

NYE 2010

166635_1493288612735_4391133_n_zps11c66945.jpg

I'd never had to workout in a gym before and I was extremely out of shape, so it was really rough at first. I couldn't run 0.25 miles without stopping, I was out of breath after 5 minutes on the elliptical and I had no idea how to use any strength training equipment. I joined MFP in January 2011, logged all of my food and committed to working out 4-5 times a week. I did the Couch to 5K program and discovered a passion for running. Since I don't have my old account for reference, I'm really not quite sure how quickly I lost weight. I think by the time I graduated from college in May 2011, I was around 180 pounds. In my opinion though, specifics of how quickly the weight came off isn't really important. As they say - It's a marathon, not a sprint. I am currently 143 pounds, a total weight loss of 72 pounds since January 2011 and I feel amazing. I've run three 5Ks and I've pushed myself to do things that I wouldn't have thought myself capable of a few years ago. I no longer have a double chin, and I don't constantly worry about my flabby love handles or how I look in clothes. I feel so much happier and more confident. Working out and running has become an important part of my every day life and I look forward to my workouts. There are no secret tips or tricks - Put in hard work and you'll get results.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 130 pounds, but I'm not as concerned as I once was with specific numbers. I want to focus on toning my body and feeling great about myself. I am thankful to my supportive MFP friends and I'm always open to adding new friends who are POSITIVE and committed to logging.

Now for the fun part - 'After' pictures! smile

I can now wear cute clothes!

photo11_zps96d35969.jpg

photo12_zpsb270f4ad.jpg

photo10_zps3eef00ee.jpg

With my best friend after a 5K we ran this spring!

photo13_zps03413982.jpg

Swimsuit shot while on vacation in January of this year... I've lost a little more weight and toned up since then but still proud!

photo2_zps7e34bb3f.jpg

Some before and afters:

8ef74e6d-8c63-451b-b279-5e593c3f8ef9_zpsb15ab242.jpg

photo_zps816befb3.jpg

And finally, just being happy! wink

photo5_zpsbf92b81e.jpg
  • Okisweetpea
    Okisweetpea Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! Thanks for sharing!!
  • vivipr
    vivipr Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! Beautiful!
    A new you!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    FLoored....You look amazing...awesome transformation
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before but even more beautiful now, your confidence shines through! You should be very proud of yourself! :)
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    AMAZING Transformation!!! You look great!!!
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Great job!!!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    simply amazed. your bikini bod is to die* for! well done, you!

eta: *just figuratively, not literally ;)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Holy fu....cow!! you look awesome. Congrat's! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You look wonderful and happier!!
  • Cassandra2oh6
    Options
    This is one of the most inspiring success threads I've seen... absolutely amazing!!!!
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    I'm so inspired and I love the amount of pics. :) You are beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!