Go-to meal?

Options
What do you eat when you have nothing to eat?

I usually will fix a PB&H

Replies

• byrnette
    byrnette Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am trying to steer away from bread. I do rice cakes with almond butter. Good stuff. less sugar then pb and j
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Scrambled or an omelet with veggies. I top it with guacamole and pico de gallo.
  • MrsWillard13
    Options
    I am trying to steer away from bread. I do rice cakes with almond butter. Good stuff. less sugar then pb and j

Have you tried Ezekial bread? I feel no guilt with this stuff! http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/2129099/2
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Have you tried Ezekial bread? I feel no guilt with this stuff! http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/2129099/2

Ezekiel bread is awesome! I can't have it anymore as I am grain-free but my kids love it. The have the cinnamon-raisin variety every morning.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese.
  • MrsWillard13
    Options
    Eggs. Scrambled or an omelet with veggies. I top it with guacamole and pico de gallo.

Never thought of adding guac to eggs. I will have to try since I ADORE both.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Pasta and red sauce. I always have some on hand. Grilled cheese is up there also. I always have cheese and bread around.
  • PorrazzaNutrition
    PorrazzaNutrition Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I just went on vacation and was looking for a quick snack. I did the rice cakes with almond butter. Definitely a good choice. I love rice cakes!

Another go-to-snack for me is raw cashews.
  • ampstin
    ampstin Posts: 3
    Options
    Quinoa, tofu, and steamed broccoli. I've got it down to take me a maximum of 15 minutes from start to plating.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I usually have chicken, garlic, dried tarragon, parmesan cheese and zucchini in my fridge or freezer at all times. So I will cook the braise the chicken in garlic and tarragon for about 30 minutes while I bake the zucchini sprinkled with parmesan in the oven. Quick and DELICIOUS!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Fried egg sammy.
    Smoked salmon
    Peanut butter on toast with butter and a dash of sea salt
    Tomatoes, evoo and balsamic
    Home made pasta with veg.
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually have chicken, garlic, dried tarragon, parmesan cheese and zucchini in my fridge or freezer at all times. So I will cook the braise the chicken in garlic and tarragon for about 30 minutes while I bake the zucchini sprinkled with parmesan in the oven. Quick and DELICIOUS!

This is what have for dinner most nights! So yummy..:wink:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I try to plan ahead, but if I unexpectedly haven't been able to get to the grocery store, then I'll have something like cereal or toast with peanut butter.